PDA

View Full Version : Meeting soon??

christyf5
09-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Anyone want to volunteer? I have a place in Richmond but there is no tank there :confused:

Chad
09-15-2003, 06:25 PM
We could all gawk at my little 20 gal..

lol

:biggrin:

Jack
09-16-2003, 03:09 AM
I'd be up for that! But being an islander I could only be a guest not a host. :rolleyes:

Troy F
09-16-2003, 05:40 AM
We could have an auction for my 155gal.

christyf5
09-16-2003, 05:50 AM
Now now, there'll be none of that. I bet my dinos are as evil as yours. We could just donate some of those special zoos to christyf5 though :wink:

Christy :)

Troy F
09-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Hi Christy. Lisa and I are considering selling our system. We actually have the majority of the dinos under control but the real problem lies in the fact that we're buying a house soon and have to consider the cost and all that. As for the zoos, the blue/green ones I have are spreading but the pink ones are stubbornly refusing to.

EmilyB
09-16-2003, 08:10 PM
You guys, you'll never get to five pages this way. Come on, I need a date so I can book flights.... :mrgreen: :razz:

Wendell?? :biggrin:

christyf5
09-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Em, the only reason we get to 5 pages is because we start bugging people for meetings about a month and a half in advance. Read Wendells thread.

Come on people, am I gonna have to get my reef blown up to postersize so we can play pin the polyp on the coral at my parents apartment?? :rolleyes:

Sheesh :razz:

zulu_principle
09-16-2003, 10:27 PM
OK

I'm back on the Vancouver Aquarium to setup a meeting which would be held at the aquarium and include a behind the scenes tour for those that are interested.

We can combine a frag swap and maybe get a couple of speakers.

For now I will await their response.

Wendell

Veng68
09-16-2003, 11:33 PM
I'll know I'd be interested in tour :D

Cheers,
Victor

Megalodon
09-17-2003, 06:02 AM
Hello all! This is my first post on this site! Darren recommended it. Thanks Darren!

I would like to join your "club." I've been in freshwater 14 years, had a FOWLR for about six months, and began work to switch it to reef a few months ago. At the moment my tank is far from a reef... problem is money and the complexity of the hobby.

I'm so into that Vancouver Aquarium idea. I love that place and haven't been for almost ten years! I wanted to do one of those behind-the-scenes tours too, so this could be perfect.

My e-mail is smokinstarfish@hotmail.com and my name is Doug.

Aquattro
09-17-2003, 06:26 AM
Hey Doug, welcome to Canreef. Hopefully we can help you out as you work on your conversion!!

UnderWorldAquatics
09-17-2003, 05:10 PM
We could try to make it up for a meeting at the aquarium. Have to see what date is chosen and see if it works. Be nice to put some faces to the names :biggrin:

Jack
09-17-2003, 11:50 PM
Ya, I'm in. Maybe us Islanders can car pool. I'm sure I could borrow the parents van... without them noticing. :lol:

Welcome Doug.

LostMind
09-18-2003, 05:13 AM
Hmmm. I wouldnt mind meeting some new people.... gonna watch this thread and see if I can get invited :)

Megalodon
09-20-2003, 06:51 AM
Nobody invited you yet??? I don't know anybody on this board, but I'll invite you... :mrgreen: I'm sure I'm going... at least to the Vancouver Aquarium if they do it.

Doug

Mak
09-20-2003, 10:45 PM
I vote to have it at Dougs place. I gotta check out that Black Piranha :vamp: :evil: :cool: . Where did you get that fella?

Megalodon
09-21-2003, 04:52 PM
My black came from Big Al's in Burnaby. He was expensive!

I'd be too embarassed of my marine tank at this point! My place still stinks like curing LR.

robbyville
09-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Ditto,

Maybe some of you folks are Whistler homeowners and want to put tanks in them, I'll even help with the maintenance!

Sadly, I think that there are about 2 of us up here with SW tanks, yeesh!

Love to come for the get together though!

Best,

Rob

Megalodon
09-21-2003, 07:51 PM
People in Whistler are good kinds of people to host meetings... I love it up there.

Megalodon
09-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Zulu, sorry forgot to come see you on Sunday. Was looking forward to seeing Ocean Aquatics and talking with you... perhaps we can set something up during the week or next Sunday... PM me and I'll give you my phone #.

Or any other cool people for that matter!

Also Zulu, have you found out anything about the Vancouver Aquarium tour/meeting? I'd really like that.