PDA

View Full Version : WTB Marine Green Water in Edmonton

Beverly
09-15-2003, 12:20 PM
One of my H. whitei seahorses had fry last week. It was his first brood and I scrambled to set up a brine shrimp hatchery. All eight fry are eating the bbs very well and they are growing before my eyes :cool:

At some point in the near future, bbs will be insufficient as food, even if they are enriched. Am now looking to buy some marine green water to raise the brine shrimp to the week old stage. None of the lfs has any marine green water, so I am looking everywhere I can.

If you have some, or know of anyone who does, please PM me.

TIA :smile:

kuatto
09-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Hi Beverly
I emailed Ray at Saltwaterfantasies(just down the road from me).I know he has seahorses and uses live brine,so i asked if he ever heard of Marine green water/where to get it,will let you know what i hear. :biggrin:

PS: how are the little guys doing??

Jim

Beverly
09-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Thank you so much, Jim :cool: I appreciate your kindness.

Didn't know Ray had SHs, but they are likely wild caught and not captive bred. CB are much easier to keep as they are already trained to eat frozen mysis. WC are iffy when switching them to eating frozen.

My fry are doing so much better than I expected. All have survived my ineptness to this point and I have lost none of them. They are visibly growing by the day, today being Day Four :biggrin:

I am about to feed them their first enrich bs this morning. I hope they are able to eat the larger food as it will be excellent nutritionally for them :smile:

Thanks, again :smile:

kuatto
09-15-2003, 02:20 PM
:mrgreen:

kuatto
09-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Well, here was his reply:
Green water is just an algae bloom in the water. If you take water out of your
tank and leave it under a bright light for several days it should turn green,
that is green water.

:rolleyes: don't know if that helps :redface: ,but not to worry ,i'm at work and have time to kill(if boss is reading this,that report is on its way :2gunfire: )

Jim

Beverly
09-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Jim,

Had a huge algae bloom in a fw planted tank a few years ago. Don't know how I accomplished it, but what a mess it was :eek:

Now that I want an algae bloom, do you think that I'll have one :question: :question: :question: :question: Oh, how I wish :confused:

I will give his method a try, though.