PDA

View Full Version : Free 20g tank; Free bag of aragonite (unopened); Free fluorescent light

Delphinus
12-19-2009, 10:58 PM
1. Bag of Caribsea aragonite sand. I've tried giving this away before but the people who express interest in it never show up to get it. This is the last time, if not taken by someone who can use it in the next few days I'm dumping it in the landfill.

It's not sugar sand, it's a sort of 2mm-3mm particle size. I actually bought it when I toyed with the idea of making my own rock, but that's never going to happen, so it's sitting here taking up space and collecting dust.

2. 20g tank. I was cooking some live rock in it until I bumped into it by accident with a hammer in hand (Yes I really am that clumsy). The hammer won. The left side glass panel is cracked and needs to be replaced for the tank to hold water again. Or it would be a good source for scrap glass for tank repairs or baffles or whatnot. It's drilled for an overflow on the right hand side and has an overflow box made of smokey-grey glass.

I was toying with the idea of repairing it but I don't have time in the foreseeable future to really do it. In the meantime, I've seen cleaner landfill sites than my own basement and I can't live like this anymore, so it's got to go. If you can use it, please rescue it, otherwise it goes to the landfill.

3. I still also have this light (http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58311) to give away. I've tossed it up on craigslist in the giveaway section, but if anyone here wants it, let me know (don't take too long thinking about it though, stuff in the free section of craigslist tends to move pretty fast).

michika
12-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Tony,

I'll take your sand! When are you around for pick ups?

Delphinus
12-20-2009, 06:02 AM
Sand is spoken for .. thanks for all the interest.