PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Cell Service?

michika
12-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Anyone else with Rogers and or Fido having problems?

I have had no service/access with my iPhone since 3pm. When someone calls my phone it goes straight to voice mail. I've called almost all of my friends whom I know have Rogers or Fido and their phones go straight to voice mail as well.

Is this the same for anyone else?

kien
12-18-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm on Rogers and having network issues too. I've lost 3G coverage since the late afternoon. Still down but using wifi now.

Delphinus
12-18-2009, 01:35 AM
I hear there's a Blackberry outage North-America wide, regardless of coverage? But other phones too then? I dunno, I used my phone around 5pm for voice and it was fine but haven't tried data.

michika
12-18-2009, 02:09 AM
I couldn't even make an emergency call on my iPhone if I had to. I can use wifi too, but nothing else. I also have a Crackberry Storm and its sketchy as usual, although I'm not sure if its the phone or provider.

I finally spoke to someone at Rogers and was told that they have network issues throughout Alberta and B.C. and the guy says he thinks it will be repaired in 48 hours. Their only recommendation was to continually reboot the network until I got service again....um yeah 'cause I have nothing better to do with my time then sit and constantly refresh my phone...

Jamieh
12-18-2009, 02:20 AM
My Blackberry is fine here in SK and has been all day.

Parker
12-18-2009, 04:00 AM
My BB was running about 3 hours slow on e-mails this afternoon. Seems to be fine now though.

Ron99
12-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Okay in BC in my Fido iPhone

The Grizz
12-18-2009, 07:04 PM
I hear there's a Blackberry outage North-America wide, regardless of coverage? But other phones too then? I dunno, I used my phone around 5pm for voice and it was fine but haven't tried data.
Telus blackberry working fine no outages at all.

muck
12-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Jeez... am i the only one who doesn't have a Blackberry or iPhone?

The Grizz
12-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Jeez... am i the only one who doesn't have a Blackberry or iPhone?
I thought the same to Muck. I bought one for my company phone, mainly of the e-mail.

globaldesigns
12-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Maybe it is just WIND Mobile hacking into everyones systems to start their new biz... If you don't know we have some new competition, maybe prices will drop, or maybe they will just get bought out by Telus, Rogers or Bell.

Time will tell.

michika
12-19-2009, 06:19 PM
My phone finally resolved itself the next morning, but wow what a pain. I had 250 emails to address, not to mention a pile of VMs and text messages too.

I would love to see some of the prices drop with the new competition. I'd also like to see an improvement in customer service across the board.