PDA

View Full Version : Source for acrylic tube? 4"

banditpowdercoat
12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I am wanting to build a Kalk reactor, but need some clear tube. Anyone know where I can get 3' of 4" or 4.5" Diam acrylic tube for a OK price?

Thx in Advance

Mrfish55
12-17-2009, 11:45 PM
I get my supplies here http://www.ippnet.com/home.html the price on extruded is not bad but the cast is pricey. Not sure if they ship or not but worth a call, sometimes they have shorter cutoffs at decent prices.

ZachAttack
12-26-2009, 06:13 PM
what is a kalk reactor?

banditpowdercoat
12-26-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www.mv.com/users/besposito/nilsen.html

For dosing Kalkwasser, to keep Calcium levels up

ScubaSteve
12-27-2009, 12:19 AM
McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) is my go to place for materials. I use a ton of acrylic tubing to build my reactors (chemical, not calc) for my PhD and these guys have a good selection. May be a little bit more but it'll be at your house before you know it and you can find almost anything you want.

Bryan
12-27-2009, 06:05 AM
I thought Mcmaster stopped shipping to Canada?? Tried to order somwthing from them last year and they wouldn't ship out of the U.S.

ScubaSteve
12-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Not that I know of. Just got a $900 parts order from them about 5 days ago. I could have been what you were trying to order maybe?

Bryan
12-27-2009, 06:39 AM
No I was just ordering some nylon thumbscrews etc, and they wouldn't ship to Canada. I used to order from them all the time, good news that they are shipping again.

banditpowdercoat
12-27-2009, 06:44 AM
ya, I tried to get some stuff from them 3 years ago, no CDN shipping so I never went back and even looked what they have

ScubaSteve
12-27-2009, 06:49 AM
I should probably state that I am ordering all of this through my work at the University. I will extend the offer to you guys, if McMaster won't ship to you, I can order it and give it to you.

Bryan
08-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Hi ScubaSteve:

Are you still open to ordering for us. looking for some speciality peristaltic tubing, and looks like Mcmaster has it.

I should probably state that I am ordering all of this through my work at the University. I will extend the offer to you guys, if McMaster won't ship to you, I can order it and give it to you.

ScubaSteve
08-05-2010, 05:39 PM
PM me with what you are looking for. There are some things that get charged crazy tariffs if you bring it in from the States but you can probably find it here. I deal with a lot of peristaltic pumps so I can likely help you find what you are looking for for cheap. Otherwise, yes, I can likely order it for you.

Bryan
08-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks appreciate it, will get back to you next week. Working on a project using a stepper motor to drive a Msterflex L/S peristaltic pumphead. If I can get it to work satisfactorily I would be looking for some replacment silicone or Norprene tubing. Have sourced out some suitable alternatives on Mcmaster that seem to meet the same specs as Cole Palmer.