PDA

View Full Version : After a little get together

andestang
12-17-2009, 09:16 PM
So just a little while ago I posted how the past year has gone and mentioned hosting some people at our house and a incident on someone's little person added a little something into my main display tank. I was not home unfortunately. Well this is it at this point. At least I can see in there now. It was just cleaned first thing this morning and its now 3 PM. Sorry for the crappy pics, my good camera is out being repaired. The skimmer is now at least controllable and not just over flowing. So with more water changes I hope it gets better.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/P1010274.JPG

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/P1010270.JPG

freddy
12-17-2009, 09:23 PM
what did the little person add?

Delphinus
12-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Ouch. I'm a little startled to see this. This is just from the tank being overfed ONCE? What was it getting tossed in?

Wonder if a UV would help?

lastlight
12-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Wow Mike you weren't kidding. Hope you see a quick recovery =)

andestang
12-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Sorry I guess with all my whining I never mentioned or clarified that is was not fish food. I'm guessing it was multiple things out of a diaper bag. Some stuff floated on the surface in the tank and sump while the water column was very cloudy, pinkish in color.

StirCrazy
12-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I wonder if it was baby tylonol?

hmm what would that do to your tank?..

do you know anyone with a spare monster skimmer and a bunch of carbon to add?

Steve

workn2hard2day
12-17-2009, 10:04 PM
:eek: are these pictures from today or when it first happened?
I am so freaked about the grandkids living with us for a month.

muck
12-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Almost looks like the dreaded Dinos to me... :eek:

Borderjumper
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Almost looks like the dreaded Dinos to me... :eek:

exactly what I was thinking:sad:

yeahitsgotahemi
12-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Someone put something in your tank? and what did this cause? an algae bloom or something? Im sorry maybe i am not seeing the pictures correctly. Thats brutal if someone would intentionally put something to harm your tank in it. That would be like poisoning someones dog at there home while your visiting. Complete Insanity!!!!!

Leah
12-18-2009, 12:04 AM
If it was tylenol or what ever I guess they are lucky the kid/kids didn't eat it themselves.
Just really sucks for the tanks well being. Did you lose any fish/corals.
How is your wife doing by the way?

andestang
12-21-2009, 06:39 PM
If it was tylenol or what ever I guess they are lucky the kid/kids didn't eat it themselves.
Just really sucks for the tanks well being. Did you lose any fish/corals.
How is your wife doing by the way?

She's doing OK, thank-you for asking. Ya lost some fish and most of my SPS and the LPS fared a little better but still lost a few pieces. Had a friend use his cell phone for pics so not the greatest, but a bucket of some of the dead stuff that I've pulling out over the last little while. Can't wait to get my camera back from repairs. The tank is starting to come around and looking a little better. Cleaned up what has survived and a few pieces look like they weren't affected at all. I'll take some pics when the camera is back.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/P1010272.JPG

Myka
12-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Oh noooooooooooo!!! That's is horrible! :(