PDA

View Full Version : Aqua-lifter for Kalk-top up water?

ner'T'
12-16-2009, 02:15 AM
I currently make up my lost evap water by driping kalk/RO water,(under 1 gallon), each day.

I need my tank to be okay for longer periods of time. Can I use a float switch and aqualifter? Would the kalk kill the little lifter pump? Should I get a cheap dosing pump like this: http://www.autotopoff.com/pumps/dosing/ ????

Thanks for any input.

ner'T'
12-17-2009, 03:56 PM
^

burgerchow
12-17-2009, 04:17 PM
i've got a 5 gallon Kent aquadoser for sale. It should last you 5 or 6 days.

ner'T'
12-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks burgerchow, but I already have a mechanical drip and want to get away from that. I'm also sumpless and don't want a bunch of unsightly stuff above my tank.

Cheers

blueyota
12-17-2009, 07:41 PM
I was just reading about pumps like these (two roller type) siphoning back if the rollers don't land in the right position there are ones that have 4 rollers that i would think about using unless your pump is higher then the tank ....just something to think about before buying
Shawn

Delphinus
12-17-2009, 09:32 PM
If you got a kalk reactor, you could use the aqualifter to push RO/DI into it which would then come out of the reactor as mixed kalk.

Using the aqualifter on kalk itself though is very likely to gum it up with precipitates. The kalk reactor idea would be better, although that will depend on how good at DIY you are, or if you could find a kalk reactor for sale at a price you'd be OK spending..