PDA

View Full Version : Aqualite Pro Actinic Question

PoonTang
12-14-2009, 09:55 PM
After sitting on the shelf for 4 months during my rebuild I hooked up my lights today. Only 1 of the actinic bulbs is firing. Anyone have this happen? do the lights run off separate ballasts? can you get replacement ballasts?

Eb0la11
12-14-2009, 11:51 PM
The actinics in my aqualight dont run off of a ballast as far as I thought. I have 3 ballasts for the 3 MH's, or so I thought?

PoonTang
12-15-2009, 12:21 AM
The actinics in my aqualight dont run off of a ballast as far as I thought. I have 3 ballasts for the 3 MH's, or so I thought?

The ballasts are internally mounted in the fixture. I see JL carries them. I wonder if this is a common problem? only used the fixture for a year. :sad:

Mrfish55
12-15-2009, 12:34 AM
common problem with Coralife units, on the plus side they are super easy to change (try swapping the bulbs around first to confirm it is the ballast and not a bulb)

PoonTang
12-15-2009, 12:37 AM
common problem with Coralife units, on the plus side they are super easy to change (try swapping the bulbs around first to confirm it is the ballast and not a bulb)

Thanks, I will try that. Strange how it worked fine when I shut it down and now it's kaput.

Mrfish55
12-15-2009, 01:35 AM
What size unit is it? I have a couple spare ballasts kicking around here somewhere.

PoonTang
12-15-2009, 03:08 AM
aaaw @#$^%# I just shut the halides off and and went to turn on the remaining actinic and nothing!!!! their both hooped. gggrrrrrrr

What size unit is it? I have a couple spare ballasts kicking around here somewhere.

they are the 96w ones.