PDA

View Full Version : Profilux 3 Upgrades on there way

Jason McK
12-11-2009, 07:36 PM
So who is giddy as a school girl, waiting for the Profilux upgrade.

It would appear they have left Germany and are scheduled to start shipping you the end user on Thursday.

Can't wait

J

kien
12-11-2009, 08:12 PM
me me me me me !! I've been holding off doing a much needed firmware flash on my PlusII because I'm expecting the III soon :biggrin:

Jason McK
12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh I couldn't wait and upgraded the Firmware on mine. Trashed all my settings and probe calibrations. Stupid me I hadn't done a back up since I first set up the unit.

Oh well it was a much needed refresher on programing the unit :)

J

kien
12-11-2009, 09:02 PM
unfortunately firmware upgrades are a bit of a production for me.. hehe. The only PC I have in the house with a serial port is my home media PC connected to my family room TV. I would have to unplug my profilux, haul it to the family room, plug it in, back up config, flash it, restore config, haul it back, cross my fingers and hope the network sees it (usually it doesn't), so I have to haul it to the basement and plug it into the router so that i can connect to it and reset its network settings. I should have gotten the USB port.. would have made life a little easier :-)

Aqua-Digital
12-12-2009, 11:25 PM
The P3 comes with a built in USB port so your in luck ;)

Tom R
12-13-2009, 01:58 AM
I can hardly wait.

I usually can not wait for anything.

This has been painful from the first discussions to the ordering then the time for delivery.

Tom R