PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to Canreef-ers

Jeannette
09-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Well, our fish tank parting is now in the final stage. All that is left of our once glorious tank you have seen on the previous post is some rock and one or two fish. I would like to say a big thank you to all of the people who came, saw and adopted our fish and corals. I have never met such a great group of people in one spot!

My main concern over selling off the tank and contents was wondering what kinds of homes our friends would have once they left our reef. Well, I should have never been concerned. Larry and David have been our reef's most amazing benefactors, adopting tons of things - you two are amazing people and thank you so much. George made both our trumpet coral and open brain very happy (watch it George - with those frequent feedings that trumpet will be huge in no time!). James took in my favourite six-line wrasse along with the clown pair and treated them with such respect and care that it amazes me! Marty (and Carolyn) came along and gave my plate coral a happy home (that was my first coral), along with our colt coral, cleaner shrimp and some cute polyps - thanks! Noel and Grace took our sun coral in and my darling little red starfish, along with other frags and shared some of their tank with us via digi pics. Of course Chad rescued our lovely pink polyps and mushrooms, plus transported our beautiful pineapple for his friend. The tank is almost empty Chad - hang in there!

To all of you who have adopted our reef, bit by bit, we would like to say a big thank you. Plus, don't be surprised if in a few years when we're setting up another tank we ask to buy frags off of you! Canreef is absolutely wonderful, along with all it's members. I know you will all take good care of our friends - we do expect pictures from time to time!

Thank you all so very much. Happy reefing!

Jeannette & Ian
(PS - still selling live rock - any interested parties? :biggrin: )

Mak
09-13-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm glad everything is gone to good homes :biggrin: . I gotta agree with you, I never met some many really cool and nice people :biggrin: .

Oh yeah... thanks again for the wicked Pineapple Coral :mrgreen: .

martym
09-14-2003, 12:36 AM
How much live rock do you still have and how much do you want for it?
The colt, plate and cleaner shrimp are still doing fine.

AJ_77
09-15-2003, 03:43 AM
I just wanted to say, I think that is the nicest post I have ever read.
:biggrin:
Who ARE all these people?

DavidC
09-16-2003, 04:41 PM
Thanks, Jeanette, for letting us provide a new home for so much of your tank inhabitants. Our systems have certainly had a lot of character added to them with so much variety of stock that we got from you.
We certainly welcome you to come by and take a look at their new home.

I have managed to find time to update my web site with new photos of the additions, but I haven't had a lot of time to add documentary to the corals and anenomies, etc. In case you misplaced the web site address, put the following into your browser: http://24.87.163.17/marine

Thanks, again, and we will be in touch soon to arrange to drop by again this weekend.

Cheers, David (and Larry)

Dorkel Marine 1
09-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the kind words Jeanette. Trumpy and the brain are doin fine. The brain was a little pale on one side but is slowly recovering its color on the left side. My 5 year old daughter is absolutely enraptured with the trumpet coral. The other day she noticed (she checks on it every day) the fine pink tentacles they put out and told me she wants a necklace like that. Now we know where the name trumpy comes from.
Thanks again for your kindness both of you and best of luck with your new home.

George and family

AJ_77
09-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Thanks, Jeanette, for letting us provide a new home for so much of your tank inhabitants. Our systems have certainly had a lot of character added to them with so much variety of stock that we got from you.
We certainly welcome you to come by and take a look at their new home.

I have managed to find time to update my web site with new photos of the additions, but I haven't had a lot of time to add documentary to the corals and anenomies, etc. In case you misplaced the web site address, put the following into your browser: http://24.87.163.17/marine

Thanks, again, and we will be in touch soon to arrange to drop by again this weekend.

Cheers, David (and Larry)
Hi David,

That's an impressive system with quite an array of livestock. Is it really only a few months old? It looks amazing. :eek:

As a budding anemone enthusiast, can you tell me how many/what type of anemones you're keeping? I couldn't keep them straight from the pictures.

Is that a Magnificent Anemone that is on the topmost rock (August 31 photo)? I couldn't see it in the Sept photos, but it looked spectacular in August. That is reputed to be such a challenging animal to keep, I'm really interested in how it does with you.

I notice you have at least a couple of LTAs as well - is that your favourite anemone?

(I also notice your wall colours look very similar to what my wife picked for our great room & nook. :biggrin:)

Cheers,

Quinn
09-16-2003, 06:55 PM
That is a lovely seahorse tank, David (and Larry). I like the way you've let caulerpa just run rampant. So that tank is plumbed into your main system, correct? What temperature do you run it at?