PDA

View Full Version : .

RIPTANK
12-09-2009, 09:20 PM

mitchelljared
12-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Our two percs eat mysis and formula one frozen food. We occasionally give them live brine shrimp too. They eat all of it readily. Good luck.

Mitchell

Myka
12-10-2009, 12:00 AM
How long have you had these fish?

mike31154
12-10-2009, 12:43 AM
What type of dried food have you tried? Try MicroCrabs Cyclo-Peeze granules (Tetra). My male Maroon clown is a fussy eater and he seems to prefer them over any other dry food. He also loves brine shrimp but they're apparently not very nutritous. Also, the Cyclo-Peeze is touted to have natural colour enhancers to 'promote development of natural pink to orange-red colors of fish'.

RIPTANK
12-10-2009, 12:49 AM

bvlester
12-10-2009, 12:51 AM
My clowns eat any thing I give them they were picky when I first got them but now they eat like pigs. Your clowns will eat if they are hungry and if they still don't eat they may have a parisite you could see if a fresh water dip gets them to purk up a bit.
If it does then you may have a parisite or some thing else afecting them. Are there gill plates flared out? This could indicate a parisite that resides in the gills.

Just sit there and watch them for a bit for head shaking, mouth puckering, flared gill plates,realy red gills.

Let us know what you see and try and post a pic of them.
Bill

naesco
12-10-2009, 01:05 AM
I've had them for 8 days now. I just threw in some really small pieces of raw table shrimp and one of them ate some of it but the other clown just isn't interested. He looks really weak and hasn't eaten in almost 4 days. I purchased some dry garlic enhanced flakes last night but no luck... Thanks mike31154! I'll head back to the fish store and see if they carry any of the MicroCrabs Cyclo-Peeze granules. Cheers!

I think your fish is sick quite possibly it is the new worm parasite which is coming in on livestock.
Ask the LFS what problems they have had and whether you can qt the fish and add a 'dewormer' in the qt water as it is too late to put the dewormer in the food.

RIPTANK
12-10-2009, 05:10 AM

naesco
12-10-2009, 05:20 AM
What else is in the tank other than the clowns

RIPTANK
12-10-2009, 05:31 AM

bvlester
12-10-2009, 07:35 AM
wow prity small tank but doable the damsel probable has setup on one rock and the clowns on the other. as long as it stays that way teritorys are defined. There is a parisite that seems to be photo sensitive comming in on fish right now. when you first turn on the lights is there anything out of the ordinary with the clowns? is ther excess slime coat on the clowns. as I said look for any behavior that is not normal with fish like shaking its head and exhaling water fash usly a sign of infection in the gills.
so be on the look out and watch for anything and do the water sample.

Bill

BigFatBalloonMolly
12-10-2009, 10:40 PM
you should try pellets,Flakes or SeaWeed with Garlic in it. That help me get ALL my Fish to eat the SeaWeed.

Myka
12-11-2009, 02:33 AM
If there are no invertebrates in the tank I would treat the tank with Prazi-Pro. I treat all new clowns with it in a QT for a couple weeks before introducing to the reef. Works well for parasites both internal and external. Clowns seem to be particularly susceptible to parasitic infections.

RIPTANK
12-11-2009, 02:36 AM

Myka
12-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Hey that's good news! Maybe he will be able to recover on his own.

RIPTANK
12-12-2009, 02:26 AM