PDA

View Full Version : MAST Special Speaker: GREENHOUSE CORAL PROPAGATION & LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN LIGHTING

vaporize
12-09-2009, 07:29 PM
I know most of your are in West Coast, but in case you are visiting family & friends in Toronto this holiday season, you might not want to miss....

Join MAST at the popular special speaker series - GREENHOUSE CORAL PROPAGATION & LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN LIGHTING by Steven Pro. Steven is well known in the 'reefing' industry and has built a greenhouse specifically for coral propagation; come with your questions on the actual design, build and operation, he will also talk about the latest in aquarium lighting. As a bonus, don't miss out on the door price worth $350 sponsored by Reef Aquatica. Get your tickets now~!!!

The Marine Aquarium Society of Toronto
is proud to present

Steven Pro
Vice President of Sales and Service,
Ice Cap Inc.

“Greenhouse Coral Propagation ”
and
“Latest Technology in Lighting”

Saturday, December 19, 2009
11:30 - 2:00 p.m. (doors open at 11:00)

Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
6100 Leslie Street, Toronto (south of Steeles Ave.)

According to Anthony Calfo, “ He has a greater knowledge of the inner workings of the aquarium business than perhaps anyone. From retailer to reef club and from manufacturer to consumer, Steven is a champion for the greater good.”

Steven is well known in the aquarium industry for staunch consumer advocacy and organizational consultations. He has worked at almost every link in the chain of custody for marine ornamentals; from retail and custom design installations to wholesale and manufacturer representation. He has published over 40 pertinent articles and lectured more than 50 times to national conferences and hobby clubs across the USA. Few people have the extraordinary perspective of Steven on the handling of aquarium products (livestock and drygoods alike) from source to consumer. This unique gamut of real world experience makes Steven an invaluable resource to manufacturers, retailers and consumers alike.

MAST members $10, Family of four $15
Non-members $15, Family of four $20

For additional information please email mastrogers.com

Don’t miss out on the door prize worth $350 sponsored by http://www.ReefAquatica.com

-----------------
Tickets can be purchased at the next MAST Meeting, On-site, or Online at:

http://www.reefaquatica.com/store/index.php?cPath=115
(All Proceedings goes to MAST)

** New Members are always welcome **

Veng68
12-09-2009, 10:01 PM
You guys should set up a live video feed ;)

Cheers,
Vic [I can dream can't I ;) ]

fencer
12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Possible to YOUTUBE it?

Myka
12-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I would pay $15 for a video of the speaker. Just a thought... :)

vaporize
12-10-2009, 10:59 AM
should be a fun event :)

always interested in thinking about greenhouse coral propagation after seeing one in Michigan ... but I think at least for Toronto our electricity cost is too high for that.

pterfloth
12-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I am sure that all of us across Canada out side of the GTA would appreciate hearing what Steve has to say. Anything you can communicate to us would be appreciated.

vaporize
12-10-2009, 09:01 PM
No problem, will work on that. :)

Delphinus
12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
always interested in thinking about greenhouse coral propagation after seeing one in Michigan

Tropicorium by any chance? I visited them some ten years ago and it was impressive back THEN. I can only imagine what it's like nowadays..

vaporize
12-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Tropicorium by any chance? I visited them some ten years ago and it was impressive back THEN. I can only imagine what it's like nowadays..

Yes, Tony, it's Trop, I think they are still pretty much the largest in Michigan , it's great for those guys that can build a greenhouse on their farm-land and do both the home/business thing together. Last I research, I think there are 3 of these greenhouses operating in the US.

Anthony Calfo and Steve Pro both have one, but I don't think theirs are on the top 3 list, I will ask him when he come over.

vaporize
12-17-2009, 08:25 PM
2 more days :) For west coast ppl, any specific question you want us to ask Steve?

Myka
12-18-2009, 02:10 AM
I think I would have to be there to hear his talk before I could come up with questions.

michika
12-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Sounds like an amazing discussion. If it ends up being recorded and stuck up on youtube, or somewhere else, I'd love to see it.