PDA

View Full Version : anyone familiar with the laws and fees?

ryan_lalande
09-13-2003, 01:23 AM
would anybody know the laws on importing fish and coral into the country as wholesale for a business?

i mean all these places in canada must get there coral and fish from some place outside of canada.

are there any fees or taxes added on to the fish if brough in from the states or bali.

the reason i ask is because me and a friend are starting up very small home business for coral and are hoping to be able to purchase from wholesalers in the states or tropics, and hopefulyl be able to sell the corals at 5 - 10 bucks over cost to try and bring the ever growing fish prices down. i have had 2 wholesalers contact me with interest that distribute to places in canada. i am waiting for there call back but and also waitng for a meeting with cityhall to discuss how to become certified...in the mean time any info anyone knows of especailly on hidden border fees and laws would be great

Jack
09-13-2003, 02:01 AM
Where abouts are you located in Canada?

ryan_lalande
09-13-2003, 02:05 AM
im in welland ontario about 20 mins from the buffalo border

ryan_lalande
09-13-2003, 06:45 AM
would anyone know of any good canadian wholesalers that deal with businesses? i heard there is one by the toronto airport but i am not 100 percent on that

MalHavoc
09-13-2003, 03:14 PM
If you import directly from the US or an overseas location, you will need a CITES license. You can find more information regarding them here:

http://www.cites.ec.gc.ca/eng/sct2/sct2_2_e.cfm