PDA

View Full Version : Help

Aquaria
12-07-2009, 04:27 AM
ok well i dropped my tank off fri to have custom bracing done, he told me ready on sun. so i leveled my tank, put sand in, filled halfway, put rocks, then filled the last bit. got all equipment set up and on and the brace broke.....so my g/f thought she heared cracking its tempured glass was it cracking or trim moving idk but its half empty now, water just above the rocks with my canister and P.H going for flow. the adhisive (clear) was still sticky :( am i a fool i thought 48 hours was plenty foir it to dry, he neevr said anything to me?? or was i lied to and the tank finished today??
now what do i do can i clean it all up put brace back and fix it while its half full?? dont want my live rock to die.

simplycoral
12-07-2009, 04:37 AM
ok well i dropped my tank off fri to have custom bracing done, he told me ready on sun. so i leveled my tank, put sand in, filled halfway, put rocks, then filled the last bit. got all equipment set up and on and the brace broke.....so my g/f thought she heared cracking its tempured glass was it cracking or trim moving idk but its half empty now, water just about rocks with my canister going for flow. the adhisive (clear) was still sticky :( am i a fool i thought 48 hours was plenty foir it to dry, he neevr said anything to me?? or was i lied to and the tank finished today??
now what do i do can i clean it all up put brace back and fix it while its half full?? dont want my live rock to die.

The live rock will be fine in a rubbermaid container with salt water and a heater.. Sounds like the tank wasn't dry. You should wait at least 7 days before filling it :neutral:

Is the bracing euro bracing? How big is the Tank?

Simon..

Aquaria
12-07-2009, 04:49 AM
i dont have a rubbermaid big enough, possible to rearanged the rock and bring water to 1/3. theres no stress on the tank atm its not bowing anymore then its supposed to. but get it all cleaned and dry redo leave 7 days then fill again? 7 days wow wish that information was shared with me. its a 46 gallon and its not euro just a 1/4 inch glass cross brace i broke mine like a dumb ass lol.

hillegom
12-07-2009, 05:07 AM
buy a rubbermaid tomorrow. Then transfer everything to it. You need the tank dry and without any stress in it for it to fully cure and for you to fix the brace.

Aquaria
12-07-2009, 05:10 AM
do i need to transfer the sand to?

hillegom
12-07-2009, 05:20 AM
If you are saying the silicone that is sealing the tank is still sticky, take everything out of the tank and let it dry.

Aquaria
12-07-2009, 05:28 AM
the tank itself is fine its not a custom tank only brace the plastic trim broke and i had a glass brace put in

hillegom
12-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Ohhhh k
Then make sure that all the old silicone for the brace is gone. and get a new brace cut, same size as the old and silicone it in again. Make sure the part where the brace is going in is dry and clean. You could put some alcohol on a cloth and wipe that area well.
Then let it completly dry for a week

Parker
12-07-2009, 11:48 PM
What part of town are you in? I have a 33gallon you could borrow to get you by for the next week or two until you can get your tank fixed.

Aquaria
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
thx but i dont need the tank now got a big plastic tupperware thing (thx anyway) so it should do. now ill just move the live rock and drop the water lvl to the sand then clean dry and resilicone the brace leave a week then ill refill. just noticed an imperfection in the tank i think and hope lol ..... theres a small 1/8 of an inch wide gap between the right bottom side of the tank and the bracing weird.