PDA

View Full Version : Australian Side-necked Turtle {EDM}

burblecut
12-07-2009, 01:49 AM
Well I know Most of us here are generally looking for reef fish/coral, however I do have an austrialian side-necked turtle for sale. She is 6yrs old, about 7" in length and very healthy.
$300 firm
I'm also willing to trade for some reef equip/corals.

The Codfather
12-07-2009, 01:53 AM
pmed

bignose
12-07-2009, 03:42 AM
that's a cute turtle.

dawen
12-07-2009, 03:44 AM
I was watching on the news the other day, they say turtles carrys salmonella and can spread out around the house if it roams around

burblecut
12-07-2009, 04:11 AM
I was watching on the news the other day, they say turtles carrys salmonella and can spread out around the house if it roams around

That's only if your turtle is infected with salmonella, and this guy isn't. If you keep them in a clean tank with proper filtration, you won't have any issues. I have kept them for 20+ years and never got salmonella. Other reptiles such as lizards also can carry this. It's common with many things. Bottom line is wash your hands and take good care of your pets and you won't have issues:)

rodsboys
12-07-2009, 04:21 AM
I am sure you have heard this before,but I don't think it is legal to sell any species of turtle in Alberta and there are several that are not legal to even posess.Trying to sell that on an open forum is not wise nor is it fair to the people who own/run this site.

findingnemo1
12-07-2009, 04:29 AM
I am sure you have heard this before,but I don't think it is legal to sell any species of turtle in Alberta and there are several that are not legal to even posess.Trying to sell that on an open forum is not wise nor is it fair to the people who own/run this site.

That is not true. You can sell certain species of turtles in Alberta. This species is legal to sell. As i work with reptiles and order them monthly there are a few we can sell and whole lot more we cant.

rodsboys
12-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Glad you know what you are doing. As you can see the perception is out there as it is a taboo topic.

burblecut
12-07-2009, 05:35 PM

Yes this species is perfectly Legal to sell in Canada.

MMAX
12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Too bad this isn't springtime. I'd consider buying him and throwing him in my pond.