PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Lighting Question: MH - T5 Combo

HL649
12-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I am going to build a canopy for my 75 gallon and need some new lights. I have considered a number of different setups and as of lately I am considering a 48" 6 bulb Sunlight Supply fixture. I then came up with the idea of putting a single MH source in the one end of the canopy to increase the light level in that area of the tank to provide for some of the more light-loving critters.

Does this sound stupid or what? Has anyone done something similar to this?

rjengen
12-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I kinda have the same set up as you, and this is what I'm going with...I'm have 4-36" t5 lights, two retro kits, two on the front of the canopy, and two in the back. I have 6 inches between the two retro kits, and I'm going to have a MH light in the middle of the of the canopy. I'm at work right now, but I'll send you a picture of it when I get home if you want.

HL649
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
That would be great. I am a little worried about what it will look like with uneven light in the tank. Thinking it may look kind of wonky.

rjengen
12-06-2009, 07:01 PM
No, it should look pretty sweet...I'm running single reflectors, so I offset them in the front and back...pitcutes are worth a 1000 words though! I should be home in a couple hours. Don't suppose you know the Engen clan from Eckville by chance? I'm offsping from that group :lol:

HL649
12-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Are you refering to Engman?

rjengen
12-06-2009, 07:30 PM
No, Engen...my grandparents were from there, Earl & Marie...lived right across the street from the hockey rink. I'm told there used to be a fair bit of relatives in the area, but lost touch with most of em

HL649
12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Don't know them. I have only lived here a few years. Grew up in Spruce View and then spent the last decade in Nanaimo.