PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Questions

Navigator
12-06-2009, 03:13 AM
What exactly can I do with the following light: It's a Coralife with the LED moonlights, and I have 2 x 65W 10K and 2 x 65W Actinic Blue over a 90 Gallon (23" deep). I have never been able to get a true answer on what precisely will work with this lighting, other than a few vague oh, you can't do hard, but probably soft.

I'm just so freaking pleased to have the tank up and full of water (thanks to fellow Canreefer for swapping me for my leaker) that I want to really figure out what I'm doing now and get the plan in place! I know that I need more rock and some more flow still but any suggestions (names would be quite helpful) would be great. Thank you!

Ryan
12-06-2009, 06:15 AM
I am assuming you mean coral wiseÉ I have kept SPS under PC before but they went brown right away. Funny thing was though they stopped growing vertical and started putting out a massive base.

I find LPS do awesome under PC. I have a Blasto Merleti that has been under PC for 6 weeks and now has 6 new full heads and is sprouting another 8 small ones. My Wellsi that was dying under my MH has done a 180 scince being in there and has come back 100%.

I am thinking of building a AIO 25 gallon LPS Zoanthid tank and after seeing the results with this little nano of mine I am probably going to go PC.

fishytime
12-06-2009, 02:58 PM
With PCs you will be able to keep mushrooms, zoanthids, leathers like toadstool, kenya tree, xenia,..... some easier to keep LPS like frogspawn, torch, candycane