PDA

View Full Version : Kent Aquadose Unit?

dekay
09-12-2003, 12:59 AM
http://www.jlaquatics.com/images/cleaning/aquadose.jpg

Anyone use these to drip their Kalkwasser? How does it work?

Another thing, how do you know how much to put in or how fast to let it drip? I read that you're suppose to calculate the amount of water that evaporates each day, but how do you find that out?

Thanks.

Troy F
09-12-2003, 01:04 AM
They're just gravity fed drip lines. I use the five gallon size. They work fine but are overpriced and you can make one yourself easily enough.

To calculate my evaporation rate I have a mark on my sump, I just measure how much water it takes to fill it back up at the end of the day.

Toooloud
09-12-2003, 01:07 AM
I as well use them, I use the 2.5G smaller tank 30G.. but im goign to be buying a dosing pump for the 150.. as im figuring i will have about 5 gallons a day top up needed.

Aquattro
09-12-2003, 01:15 AM
I use the 5g size, except I bought mine at Save-On Foods for 9 bucks full of RO water. Exact same jug.

Biotech
09-12-2003, 01:29 AM
BigAl carries 5gal jug from Red Sea for $7.50

dekay
09-12-2003, 07:02 AM
I use the 5g size, except I bought mine at Save-On Foods for 9 bucks full of RO water. Exact same jug.

So do you just connect it to a low power pump w/ a very fine hose? How do you control the speed it drips?

If anyone has pics, please post.

StirCrazy
09-12-2003, 01:11 PM

So do you just connect it to a low power pump w/ a very fine hose? How do you control the speed it drips?

If anyone has pics, please post.

you put it higher than your sump then use a little iragation valve to conrtole the drip rate. I have a 18 gal container hooked up now instead of my 5 gal and mine goes to a float valve.

here are some pics of my 5 gal set up using the save on foods water container like Reef Raf did.

http://members.shaw.ca/s.l.s/diy/topoff/index.html

Steve

dekay
09-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Any suggestions on what I should do if I don't have a sump? I'm using a customsealife PC light, so no canopy for me to place the aquadose device either.

dekay
09-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Can chemicals like Kent's Liquid Reactor substitute the use of kalkwasser?