PDA

View Full Version : Floating debris

TheKid
12-05-2009, 01:44 AM
I find my tank is perfect except for floating debris. I only keep one power head one and I don't use RO water . What should I do to fix this problem?

bvlester
12-05-2009, 03:40 AM
my over flow takes almost all down to the sump whats left I use a small net and scoop it out id there is any I can get at. Since I added an extra power head I have not seen any.
You could try and get an extra power head more flow I found to be good. or use a net and scoop it out.

Bill

whatcaneyedo
12-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Filter socks are an easy solution if you have a sump.

TheKid
12-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Filter socks are an easy solution if you have a sump.

Unfortunately my tank ( red sea max ) is incomparable with sumps so I need a diferent solution

Madreefer
12-05-2009, 04:31 PM
I find my tank is perfect except for floating debris. I only keep one power head one and I don't use RO water . What should I do to fix this problem?

What do you mean by "floating debris"? If you mean the film on the top of your water than you need some surface agitation. A powerhead near the top portion of your tank will help with that and also good to help get gases out of your water.

Zoaelite
12-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Possible solutions:
Increase Flow
Get a filter sock
Get open water swimming fish (To eat the detritus)
Get hermits/ detrivours (To eat the detritus)

A sump is going to be your best bet but if that won't work for you then the above should help.
Levi