PDA

View Full Version : Be thankful big city folk!

freezetyle
12-04-2009, 01:25 AM
I recently Moved from Calgary to Kelowna and decided to check out the saltwater stores not located in someones house. I have to say i was shocked to see the subpar equipment and livestock(very sick looking). Makes you really appreciate having dedicated vendors who carry quality product and care about their livestock. That being said i haven't checked out places like the Interior reef. Hopefully that is a better experience.

I miss you already Calgary...

Myka
12-04-2009, 01:32 AM
The best place for corals in Kelowna is Pet City. If you get in there when he has a fresh shipment you can usually pick up some nice pieces for reasonable prices. Just basic LPS though. Many of my nicest LPS came from there. None of the other stores (not in a house) are worth going to imo. Reef Keepers is probably the best place for fish and inverts.

I can't really say anything nice about any of the other stores in Kelowna. ;)

Seafan
12-04-2009, 05:38 AM
We just moved to Red Deer from the outskirts of Vernon. If your up for the 40 minute drive from Kelowna to Vernon, AJ's and Complete Pet Mart are worth checking out as a rule, AJ's has the larger selection of the two. I really miss shopping there.