PDA

View Full Version : Powell River Reef Meet: 3rd time lucky?

Lance
12-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Sunday, December 6th.
(Please pm me for info and/or my phone #)

marie
12-03-2009, 01:33 AM
I'm hi-jacking this thread to see if my new avatar works ....

fishoholic
12-03-2009, 03:25 PM
I love the santa hat Marie

Lance
12-04-2009, 11:10 PM
We have several reefers catching the 10:10am ferry out of Comox. I will be picking these people up at the terminal on this side. Anybody else coming please pm me.

Lance
12-05-2009, 07:30 PM

We have several reefers catching the 10:10am ferry out of Comox. I will be picking these people up at the terminal on this side. Anybody else coming please pm me.

christyf5
12-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the visit and to Lance for touring us around. Powell River has some gorgeous tanks and Dave's(MrFish55) tank is nothing short of spectacular. I've never seen fish that big before and the French angel was a sight to behold. Marie's tank is stunning as usual and Lance's tank has some of the largest LPS colonies I've ever seen (that pipe organ was awesome!!).

Thanks again! :biggrin::biggrin:

Veng68
12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Sounds like fun.

I will have to wait till the next time Anthony goes up there :)

Cheers,
Vic

Lance
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the visit and to Lance for touring us around. Powell River has some gorgeous tanks and Dave's(MrFish55) tank is nothing short of spectacular. I've never seen fish that big before and the French angel was a sight to behold. Marie's tank is stunning as usual and Lance's tank has some of the largest LPS colonies I've ever seen (that pipe organ was awesome!!).

Thanks again! :biggrin::biggrin:

You are very welcome! (and thanks for the frags you brought us :biggrin:)

May all your new frags grow into huge colonies! :biggrin:

Johnny Reefer
12-08-2009, 01:31 AM
The ferry was running in that wind?

christyf5
12-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Yep, it wasn't that bad, just bitingly cold. The docking in PR was bumpy though :razz:

PoonTang
12-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Many thanks to the folks in PR for hosting us. It was a pleasure to meet new people with the same interests and to put a face to the name. I saw some of the most beautiful tanks and livestock ever. Came home with lots of ideas for my tank and I managed to solve some of the stocking questions I was having. Christy and I also recieved a few going away presents too ;) Cant wait until the next time.
??? I wonder If I could talk the wife into getting me a 750G for christmas too???

Lance
12-08-2009, 02:32 AM
Many thanks to the folks in PR for hosting us. It was a pleasure to meet new people with the same interests and to put a face to the name. I saw some of the most beautiful tanks and livestock ever. Came home with lots of ideas for my tank and I managed to solve some of the stocking questions I was having. Christy and I also recieved a few going away presents too ;) Cant wait until the next time.
??? I wonder If I could talk the wife into getting me a 750G for christmas too???

It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope the frags you got do well for you. Those big fish are amazing aren't they?

PoonTang
12-08-2009, 02:44 AM
They are truly unbelievable. All of the pictures posted so far just dont do them justice as to thier true size and thickness. Also Lance I must compliment you on both of your tanks. They have a certain artistic flair they way the are aquascaped both in colour and shape and nicely balanced. Very cool.

Lance
12-08-2009, 03:02 AM
They are truly unbelievable. All of the pictures posted so far just dont do them justice as to thier true size and thickness. Also Lance I must compliment you on both of your tanks. They have a certain artistic flair they way the are aquascaped both in colour and shape and nicely balanced. Very cool.

Thanks so much. :biggrin:

Mrfish55
12-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Was nice to meet you as well, glad you enjoyed yourself, feel free to come on over anytime, sorry I had to cut out early.