PDA

View Full Version : Blue Spot Puffer? Algae?

blueworm
12-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Hey,
I came across a nice blue spot puffer at king eds. Im just wondering if he would be fine with my clowns, snails, and future cleaner shrimp and/or pistol shrimp? I know puffers like snails and shrimp in the freshwater world, same thing here? Would he eat any corals?

Also just a bonus, im just wondering where to get the red/brown phosphate remover media? I was reading up on how not to use the white stuff, and buy the brown/red stuff. Im just looking for reef safe phosphate remover for my tank.

Im using straight tap water atm and im finding alot of green slime algae, I going to start to leave the water out for a day before adding any to the tank, will this help?

Thanks

naesco
12-02-2009, 06:53 PM
As you are having algae issues with your tank which are generally caused by lighting or water quality issues you should not consider putting more fish in your tank until everything stabilizes.

If you do you can expect more serious problems to develop.

fishoholic
12-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Puffers will eat snails and shrimp, but usually leave corals alone. If it's a toby puffer you're thinking of they are known to nip the fins of tank mates.

hillegom
12-04-2009, 01:48 AM
If you use RO water, you will have less problems with algae. As well, feed less.
How old and what size is the tank? How much nitrates do you have?