PDA

View Full Version : 90G tank move

bignose
12-02-2009, 03:26 AM
I will be moving in the next couple of months and have have to do the dreaded tank move. ugh... Where to start? I was thinking of connecting two tupperware containers with hoses. I would put all my fish, corals and most of my live rock in one and the other would have the rest of my rock, skimmer return pump.... I would put my light over both of the containers.

I would only keep my favorite fish and corals and sell the rest.

Any ideas concerns. If anyone has had experience moving a fully stocked tank around 90G please tell me your experience.

BlueTang<3
12-02-2009, 04:02 AM
i have moved a few tanks and not lost anything they have all been same day moves tho i can lend a hand and a fair few large rubbermaid tubs @ 75 gallons each. i took the fish out placed in a tub with some air flow and took live rock out carried to truck and filled containers with a bit of water and covered the rock with damp towels move was only a few kms tho and was able to keep 90% of the water with use of pump and garden hose it is not as bad as it seems it would be 90 gallon is a bearable size i even managed to break a sump and found out thanks wayne same day and get it up and running

The Codfather
12-02-2009, 04:11 AM
Jason,
Have a 90 gal poly ethylene container, that you can use if you wish. Let me know I can drop if off or you can pick up.
Bob

bignose
12-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Thanks guys. I will definately use your tub Bob. I found out I can use my friends house and with your poly tank Bob this should be ok. It will be a local move thankfuly so I can do this in more than one trip. What are the dimensions of the tub?

The Codfather
12-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I will check tonight when I get home from work and pm ya.