PDA

View Full Version : NFL predictions?

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Now with just a handful of games left, what do you think?

I'm thinking Indy all the way in the AFC beating out Tennesse...Yes I said Tennessee :mrgreen: (Tennessee making the wildcard after running the table the rest of the season as long as Vince stays healthy). Ok the Titans making the wildcard game might be a bit of a stretch but its possible. And they are my favorite team :razz:

Ok, but Indy from the AFC regardless who they have to go through. The AFC is just too weak this year. New England's season was over when they lost their confidence (and the defense) in that last minute loss to Indy. I bet they miss the playoffs. Baltimore may be the biggest challenge but not consistent enough. Steelers...not without Ben (they will loose too many games while he is out or if he comes back too early) and even with him, no chance against Indy.

The NFC is much more exciting. NFC west=a big joke. NFC north...Green Bay is looking pretty good right now, Rogers has really proven himself. Great future but not yet. Chicago...not what they used to be. Minnesota will come out on top of the north. Obviously New Orleans in the south. Dallas in the east although I don't think they look too great this year.

It will come down to the Vikings and Saints for the NFC I think. Not sure if the Saints can go 16-0 but I wouldn't be surprised, I think more likely, both will be 15-1. What a game this would be though. I'd take the Vikings (mostly cause I want Favre to win a championship and retire).

So I predict Colts vs. Vikings in the SuperBowl. Manning vs. Favre. What a show that would be! AND in Miami :) I was living there in 1999 when superbowl XXXIII came to town and it was crazy! Wish I could have gone see Elway win his last championship.

What do you guys think?

KennyKen
12-01-2009, 08:53 PM
im just happy my saints are in the form they are right. they greased new england last night and look unstoppable.
Its been a long time coming
I would love to see Cincinnati make a run, but i think have been lucky. So yah Indy for sure.

Lance
12-01-2009, 09:54 PM
I agree with the Colts coming out of the AFC. (Indy over New England). In the NFC, I'm going with the Saints over the Vikings. Indy beats N.O. in the S.B. Manning wins MVP.

lorenz0
12-02-2009, 12:45 AM
Colts are having a killer season. Another team i am following in the AFC is miami. I don't know there's just something about them this year that has caught my interest. Besides that I always watch how baltimore is doing, Ray Lewis is my all time favorite player. I hate new england ever since super bowl XXXVI, also probably because they are my mom's favorite team cause she likes tom brady. i would hate to see them make it to another super bowl in the next 5 years.

As for super bowl predictions, manning vs favre would be sweet but i am going for manning vs brees. yes i wanna see the saints go up against the colts. they are in my good books since last night :)

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Yeah seems most people think Colts vs. either Vikings or Saints.

I really don't see the Colts having a problem with anyone in the AFC. I wouldn't count out the Ravens or Steelers (if they have Ben in time) but I still just don't see them beating Peyton. Actually I think the Bengals are far more likely to make the playoffs than the Steelers this year. San Diego has looked pretty good too after not such a great start.

lorenz0
01-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Colts Vs Saints

Should be one hell of a game if its anything like either of the 2 games today

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Colts Vs Saints

Should be one hell of a game if its anything like either of the 2 games today

Yup, I was really sad to see Favre not make the superbowl but it's going to be a great game. I would be surprised if Favre wasn't back for next season. Pretty much the best year of his long career.

I say Colts win...maybe not easily but I bet it won't be all that difficult either. Don't think the game will be in question after the first half.

lorenz0
01-25-2010, 05:51 AM
I was suprised with the colts game today. The jets were shutting them down with their defence all first period. Than in the second half they came back strong for the win but not without a fight. Called my dad to double check if he still had faith in the jets when they were 20-17 colts. Great game.

I did miss most of the vikings vs saints game, disappoint since thats the one i wanted to watch. Like i said in novemeber i had a feeling it would be these 2 teams but farve had some killer games since than. BTW is it just me or why is the pro bowl a week before the super bowl. isn't it always a week after?

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-25-2010, 06:11 PM
I was suprised with the colts game today. The jets were shutting them down with their defence all first period. Than in the second half they came back strong for the win but not without a fight. Called my dad to double check if he still had faith in the jets when they were 20-17 colts. Great game.

I did miss most of the vikings vs saints game, disappoint since thats the one i wanted to watch. Like i said in novemeber i had a feeling it would be these 2 teams but farve had some killer games since than. BTW is it just me or why is the pro bowl a week before the super bowl. isn't it always a week after?

Yes its always been the week after and always in Hawaii but this year they decided to put it the week before and in Miami. Stupid. For one, it was a great tradition that it was after and two, I bet guys like Manning don't play in it because he plays in the superbowl the next week. Can you imagine a player getting hurt in the probowl and missing the superbowl?

So I guess any Saints and Colts Pro bowlers are out this year. I don't know how many players that is but I bet its a lot.

lorenz0
01-25-2010, 06:48 PM
took a look at the roster last night and brees and manning are starting qb's. dwight freeney is playing as well. I was a bit suprised when i heard that as well cause ya, who wants to get hurt just before the superbowl. i found it a bit strange and never heard of it being a week before and in miami instead of hawaii.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-25-2010, 08:11 PM
took a look at the roster last night and brees and manning are starting qb's. dwight freeney is playing as well. I was a bit suprised when i heard that as well cause ya, who wants to get hurt just before the superbowl. i found it a bit strange and never heard of it being a week before and in miami instead of hawaii.

I know they are listed but do you think they will actually play? If Im the coach, there is no way they are playing. Imagine if Manning got injured in the Pro Bowl and couldn't play in the SuperBowl!!!!

Maybe they will play but in that case I will be really surprised and I think the NFL has made a big mistake this time. One of the few times I can say that about a league that is run better than any other pro sports league in North America...by far.

Lance
01-26-2010, 12:35 AM
There's no way Manning and Brees are going to play. McNabb will take Brees's place and Garrard will take Manning's spot.