PDA

View Full Version : Bubble King Break in

BlueTang<3
12-01-2009, 07:28 AM
i dont know if this is the right post but it is the middle of the night and cant sleep being bothered by this. I picked up a supermarine 200 on the weekend super excited so i throw it in the tank i did not soak it as store said not necessary and fired it up ensuring the skimmer was opened full bore to tune it up instant overflowing so i pulled the drain on the collection cup have it open all the way in only 6 inches of water now and it still constantly overflows i pulled it up hoping it would drop level of skimming any thoughts would be appreciated

bigblack
12-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Hmm thats odd usually it takes a while for the skimmer to raise the water level not the other way around, have you opened the gate completely, and cheked the air line that its not clogged.

sphelps
12-01-2009, 12:12 PM
how much water is the skimmer sitting in? (In terms of height)

BlueTang<3
12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
well it six in 6 inches right now i know 8-10 are ideal brought it up hoping but judging by reef central was up most of last night looking around it is a frequent problem so patience i bubble level would drop guess i have the pump calibrated the dots on the volute are lined up

albert_dao
12-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Do you use or have done the following within the past two weeks?

- Add water conditioner such as Prime or AquaPlus.
- Glue down any corals with epoxy.
- changed your RO cartridges.

BlueTang<3
12-01-2009, 10:42 PM
i have used prime but would that cause the skimmer to go mad durning break in

Gary
12-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Not sure about prime, but I know that cycle will drive the skimmer nuts. I have a hob skimmer that I forgor to turn off when using cycle. Within minutes the skimmer overflowed. Worst part was some telephone equipment behind the tank ending up getting covered in foam. No telephone, tv or internet until things dried out. Won't forget that for a long time.

albert_dao
12-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Prime or ANY water conditioner makes skimmers go crazy. I would switch to RO/DI ASAP.