PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Vodka Dosing

Ryan Joel Smith
11-30-2009, 03:17 AM
So today i have begun Vodka dosing. I've decided to go this route after researching all the methods and reading the numerous success stories. I have taken photos today which i will post when i get around to figuring out exactly how to :).

Currently running an Oceanic 55g display with a 20 gallon sump. Filtration is mechanical from my overflow as well as one of the new eshopps skimmers. I am currently not running ozone but may look into it if there is to much of a decrease in O2. Also running carbon 24/7 for now.

My estimated water volume is 50 with the live rock displacing i think something around 20g.

First dose today was 0.1ml of bargain hunter Vodka.

NO4 is currently somewhere in between 15-20ppm
PO4 is currently at 0.5mg

Livestock
2xLarge Frogspawn
1xMedium Hammer coral
A number of different zoas and polyp colonies
Huge gsp rock
Green bubble tip anenome
4 different medium sized sps colonies as well as a few frags
1xPulsing zenia
1xBrain coral
1xElegance coral

Sand sifting starfish
Orange spot sand sifting Goby
Physocodelic Mandarin Goby (all kinds of copepods)
Regal Blue Tang
Two Clown fish

(When i put a pic up it would be nice for some of the more educated here to help me actually name the corals properly :P)

Anyway, I'll try and keep everything updated on a weekly basis.

Wish me luck as i am some what of a complete noob.

Ryan Smith

cuz
11-30-2009, 03:28 AM
good luck noob!lol u asked for it!!

it'll be cool to start a personal thread with pics, i started vodka a month ago but should of took pics cuz as of today i can't really notice a difference other than thicker algae on the back glass.

Ryan Joel Smith
11-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Have your nitrates dropped out at all? Other than coraline Algae i have nothing considered "bad" so it'll be interesting to see what happens.