PDA

View Full Version : Taking pictures and posting them

three dawgs
09-09-2003, 03:13 PM
Now this has probably been asked thousands of times, but how do you post pictures. Also when taking pics what is the best way to do it? Other then with a camera Reef Rat. Should lights be on? Try to darken room? Some ideas and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Delphinus
09-09-2003, 04:14 PM
If you can find out the secret for taking a good picture, please let me know because I haven't the foggiest.

But as for posting a picture, here is what you need to do. If you have a personal webpage somewhere, upload your picture to there. Then once you can view your picture online at that webpage, you can link to that image with the following tags in your post:

[ img = "http://www.yourwebpage.whatever/yourpicture.jpg_or_whatever" ]

Alternatively you can press the "Img" button above your post and it will add the tags automatically.

Alternatively, if you don't have a personal webpage somewhere, you can upload pictures to the picture board here. Once it's there you can either tell people to go look at the picture, or you can include the URL so people can click on the link and see it, or you can go through the above procedure to embed the image into your post. Get creative and have fun. Hope this helps.

Jason McK
09-09-2003, 04:19 PM
I have found that very few people realize that most ISPs provide 10Mb or so for personal web space. You do not have to create a web site to take advantage of the space.
I use my space for sharing large video or pics with my family and to share photos with everyone here.

Contact you ISP and I'm sure they can activate your personal web space, you pay for it already

Here is an example
http://www.user.dccnet.com/jmckenzie/Quincy%20bath.AVI

J

three dawgs
09-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Okay guys, I forgot to mention I'm computer illeterate. I have no idea what was siad there. :cry:
If someone could maybe email me directions on how to post a pic or two
elangelaar@shaw.ca or PM me

Buccaneer
09-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Goto photo gallery ... top right of canreef page ... login and goto upload photos ... then browse your Harddrive for photo to upload and then submit ... I think max size of pic is 200k so if it is larger than that then resize and then upload

Cheers

Nullig
09-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Since you're on Shaw, you have quite a bit of web space available. If you go to the Shaw website, there's tools there to help you set up your Webspace access.

three dawgs
09-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Still need help. I figured how to do this with the instructs I recieved. Problem is, It says I exceed the mb or something like that. I tryed just one pic rather then three but it still says I exceed. Someone explain this to me and tell me how to correct the prob.

titus
09-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Hello,

You need to re-size your pictures to a size smaller than the the limit. Now do you use Windows? If so, start the program Paint or something similar and re-size the photo. You can use the Stretch tool in Paint to do this and enter a size 50% to reduce the length/width by 50%, etc. E-mail me if you still have trouble.

Titus