PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint Shrimp

DACJ
11-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Well, as you can tell by the title, it's not really marine fish matter, but I had no idea where to post this anyway...

I recently purchased 6 peppermint shrimp, separately, first time 3, yesterday 3.
First time was couple weeks ago, but eventually they didn't last. The first batch act normally, comes out at night, and hangs out with my two scarlet skunk cleaner just fine, but they still DID die, along with one of cleaner shrimp...o well...

Question I have is...the new batch I bought yesterday, I picked the biggest ones my LFS has to prevent my wrasse picking on them...this is the 2nd day in the tank...and they are running around everywhere in the tank...while my cleaner shrimp stays at "home" doing nothing....one of the peppermint is actually staying right at the water line...direct exposure to the light...is this normal at all O.o ? (I am sure they are not camelback, and both peppermint and cleaner are very active at night...I just don't understand why are they running around in the morning....)