PDA

View Full Version : glue gun

JOEL
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Is hot glue gun glue reef safe

whatcaneyedo
11-28-2009, 07:32 PM
I believe so. Anthony Calfo recommended using one for securing coral in one of his articles. I've tried it though and it didnt work very well. I think you need to make sure both surfaces are dry in order for the glue to hold.

BlueAbyss
11-29-2009, 08:42 AM
I think I've read that article... I remember wondering if all glue gun glue sticks were created equal. I've always assumed it was just a low temperature thermoplastic and it should be relatively inert, but... ?

StirCrazy
11-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I think I've read that article... I remember wondering if all glue gun glue sticks were created equal. I've always assumed it was just a low temperature thermoplastic and it should be relatively inert, but... ?

there are several differnt type of glue gun sticks, from alpurpose low temp, all purpose high temp, to plastic specifice. I would be concerned about the heat involved killing off some of the coral.

Steve

bvlester
11-29-2009, 04:10 PM
so what would you recomend insted for mounting a largish piece of monti to a piece of rock?
I have a couple pieses I have prieviously monted one piece tat kind of formed the same shape of the rock it is mounted to almost perfictly so I used gel super glue by titon. These pieces do not conform to the rock that I have and will have very little area to mount there for I believe that I will need a different method.

Bill

StirCrazy
11-29-2009, 04:27 PM
so what would you recomend insted for mounting a largish piece of monti to a piece of rock?
I have a couple pieses I have prieviously monted one piece tat kind of formed the same shape of the rock it is mounted to almost perfictly so I used gel super glue by titon. These pieces do not conform to the rock that I have and will have very little area to mount there for I believe that I will need a different method.

Bill

reef epoxy sticks