PDA

View Full Version : lavender tang

prodogg02
11-28-2009, 03:07 PM
anyone ever keep one are they prone to ich like the regal ihav read they only get to 8 inchs or so is this true?

Delphinus
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
A really pretty fish when they colour up. I don't have one but have seen them come in from time to time at the stores, so occasionally available. As far as I know the 8" max size is accurate - everything I've read seems to agree on this point and FWIW when I saw them in the wild I never saw them bigger than that.

naesco
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
This acanthurus species tang will grow to 8 inches.
It is a desirable tang to keep provided that you meet the optimum conditions which includes a tank 6 feet in length.
Alll tangs are swimmers and need the swimming room length that larger tanks provide.

Argentiner
11-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Saw hundreds in Hawaii diving, and none were bigger than 8". They are beautiful. Never noticed them until I went diving. In some pics they look brown, but every one I saw was a nice purple colour.

tgoeujon
11-29-2009, 12:54 AM
i had one and it was a great fish, never showed any signs of ich, unfortunately after a year he went carpet surfing during a water change and i never noticed in time. beautiful fish though:biggrin: