PDA

View Full Version : can you name this?

bvlester
11-27-2009, 04:57 PM
I know it is nem but what type it kind of looks like a moon nem. it has a couple of colors and does not like bright light it gose into hiding during the day. Every once in a white I get one that pops up, they don't act like mojano and they are deffinitly not atapsia. They are some kind of mini nem.

Bill

christyf5
11-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I have those too. They're not as prolific as majanos or aiptasia but still sting the crap out of corals and are generally annoying. Mine stay relatively small, largest is the size of a pencil eraser head.

gobytron
11-27-2009, 06:54 PM
aren't aiptasia/mojanos mini nems?

BlueAbyss
11-27-2009, 08:04 PM
aren't aiptasia/mojanos mini nems?

Technically, but most people are referring to ornamental (rather than pest) anemones when they refer to 'mini-nems', like the Rock Flower 'nems I've seen in some peoples' tanks.

gobytron
11-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Technically, but most people are referring to ornamental (rather than pest) anemones when they refer to 'mini-nems', like the Rock Flower 'nems I've seen in some peoples' tanks.

and all this time, I figured you for a technical kind of guy...:wink:

bvlester
11-27-2009, 10:23 PM
The tenticals come off the Nem in the same configuration as a duncan coral. It dose have blue and I think purple to it. It is a bit larger than a pencil eraser.

Bill

bvlester
11-28-2009, 03:48 AM
thanks guys for your input,

Any other thoughts on the name of this little guy?

Bill

Funky_Fish14
11-28-2009, 03:57 AM
For me, same as Christy, except i've never had one sting a coral.

bvlester
11-28-2009, 06:30 AM
I think I might let this one stay around a while and see what it does for now it does kind of look nice.

Bill

BlueAbyss
11-29-2009, 08:53 AM
and all this time, I figured you for a technical kind of guy...:wink:

Oh, I am. It's all in the details, you see :lol:

I think I might let this one stay around a while and see what it does for now it does kind of look nice.

Bill

It is pretty cool looking... better than my clear Aiptasia :rolleyes: Glad you decided to keep it.

Zoaelite
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
For me, same as Christy, except i've never had one sting a coral.

I'm on board for this answer, but if they get into zoa colonies they wreck havoc and I have had them sting coral before.