PDA

View Full Version : Boston Aqua Farms Epoxy

Myka
11-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Ok, I'm bored. I should a water change or something productive like that, but I'm not. So...how about a review??

I have tried pretty much every 2-part epoxy on the market. I bought my first tube of Boston Aqua Farms Epoxy a couple months ago, and have used it all over the place. On frags, making my frag rack, etc. This stuff ROCKS. It is surely the stickiest epoxy out there. It doesn't seem to shrink as it dries either like some other [annoying] brands. I don't think I will be buying any other brand from now on.

Three cheers for Boston Aqua Farms epoxy!! Rah! Rah! Rah!

Ok, I'm done now. :o

QuadrantKhan
11-27-2009, 01:52 AM
I personally use the Tailored Aquatics epoxy and would over the Boston Aqua Farm any day. You get double the amount, it's about the same price and I found works just as good if not better! That and it's Canadian too :)

Myka
11-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Really?? I almost tossed my tube of Tailored Aquatics epoxy! It shrunk like a man's anatomy in icewater. Drove me nuts.

QuadrantKhan
11-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Crazy, yah I have used a few different tubes (both colors too) and have had great results. To each their own I suppose for sure! :)

Dez
11-27-2009, 06:31 AM
It shrunk like a man's anatomy in icewater. Drove me nuts.

Do you speak from visual experience?:wink::mrgreen:

Myka
11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh yes!! :p It shrinks, and the sticks fall down. :lol:

Dez
11-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh yes!! :p It shrinks, and the sticks fall down. :lol:

Ooooooo, sticks falling down is not good at all. Causes further retracted polyp extension.....:biggrin:

Tom R
11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
I have used the Boston Farms epoxy for the last few years and I think it is the best. It is far cheaper than Crazy Glue. I also use the Boston Farms Epoxy Hardener. It fuses the frag immediately. I do not like the sprayer to apply the hardener, I use a pipelet.

Tom R

staceyd72
11-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Hi Myka,

Have you tried the DD Aquascape epoxy, if so, how does it compare to the Boston Farms epoxy? I have used the DD and have observed that most of the time the rocks or plugs come loose, so I'm hoping that there is something better:cry:

I have used the Boston Farms Reef Glue and find it to be very good.
Any online vendors selling the BF Epoxy, I checked out J&L but cannot find it; however, I did find a Tunze epoxy, has anyone tried it?

Thanks.

Myka
11-28-2009, 12:52 AM
I have tried (in order of preference):

1. Boston Aqua Farms
2. Tunze
3. Bulk Reef Supply

The ones that don't even go on the preference list because they suck too much:

Tailored Aquatics
D-D Deltec.

Tom R
11-29-2009, 05:01 PM
J&L have it in clear and purple.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=ba-glue02

Tom R

Myka
11-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Tom, you're referring to the glue, not the epoxy. :)

So I hear that "the old" Boston Aqua Farms Epoxy sucked, and this "new" stuff is much better. Not sure how old the new stuff is. :lol: Maybe you tried their old recipe Quadrantkhan...?

Tom R
11-29-2009, 08:59 PM
I have not had very good luck with any epoxy.

I like the glue and the hardener.

They are quick and hold great. I use a pipelet to apply the hardener, I did not like using the sprayer.

Tom R

Myka
11-29-2009, 11:26 PM
I've never used the accelerator, just the glue by itself, and it takes soooo long. I like to put a gob of Crazy Glue Gel on the plug, rub the base of the frag in it, then put a gob of epoxy on the plug on top of the glue, then put the frag into the epoxy. Works like a charm.

Myka
09-11-2010, 08:09 PM
:doh: I bought a big tube of Tailored Aquatics epoxy awhile back! I have been wondering why I was swearing at the epoxy all day today - I got the Boston Aqua Farms and Tailored Aquatics epoxies mixed up. Stupid similar packaging...