PDA

View Full Version : Looking for snails,cleaner shrimp, and hermits

MEDHBSI
11-26-2009, 04:05 AM
im in need of alot of snails and at least 3 cleaner shrimps also looking for some hermits i have a 46 gallon thats outa control with algea txt me at 604-518-0206 or just reply to the add i live in langley and can pick up

edikpok
11-26-2009, 04:31 AM
cleaner shrimps won't help with algae...you need hermits....and pads for phophate absorption / removal as well as a few days with no light. You can also get a sea hare...

elitesurfer
11-26-2009, 04:45 AM
If you want a sea hare, I can give you one for $10 which I got from JL. I was planning to returning it this weekend for the 50% in-store credit refund but it'll be the same thing selling to you.

bvlester
11-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Get the sea hare. cleaner shrimp my help in the long run mine go around and eat anything that hits the sand just about that fast too. I feed twice a day and not that much some flake in the morrning and some frozen in the evening. The cleaner shrimp come out and gobble up anything the fish don't catch or eat. I also hand feed the cleaner shrimp 1-2 times a week depends on how offten I see them eating this week I have not hand fed them as I have added anouther power head and the fish seem to be missing a bit more od the food. so cleaner shrimp will help in the long run but not in the short term with the hair algea. get the sea hare and about 10 hermits the red leged ones do a better job but can go after corals the blue leged ones do a good job but will fight for teritory and kill each other off. I have a few of both, the blue leged seem to only go after the algea.

Bill

Bill

Reef_surfer
11-26-2009, 06:50 AM
i had the same problem with my tank as most newbies would, i had a few snails but i purchased a sea hare and within 24-48 hours there was no HA to be found. and its surprising where the little bugger can fit into. needless to say after about 4 days of having him i had to buy some seaweed just incase so i dont starve him.

elitesurfer
11-26-2009, 06:54 AM
i had the same problem with my tank as most newbies would, i had a few snails but i purchased a sea hare and within 24-48 hours there was no HA to be found. and its surprising where the little bugger can fit into. needless to say after about 4 days of having him i had to buy some seaweed just incase so i dont starve him.

I keep an eye on him every day. Lol.