PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have rotifers for sale?

wil0311
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I am going to be in Calgary next week and I just wanted to check and see if anyone has any rotifer cultures going. It costs about $30 just to get them shipped from Ontario.

Is there anywhere in Calgary that would carry rotifer diet or some other microalgae concentrate. I'm culturing nanno right now but would like to go with the concentrate.

Thanks,
Jason

rayjay
11-25-2009, 02:01 PM
It's very cheap to buy rotifer cysts from FAF and it gets shipped in the mail.
As a side note, I've quit using phyto to grow rotifers because they consume so much and I needed the space for other things.
I still grow phyto for my seahorse rearing containers and for growing brine shrimp for their first two weeks however.
Instead, I use Algamac Protein Plus powder, or if I'm out of that, I use spirulina powder, mixed in a blender and stored in a pop bottle for adding small amounts 3X a day to the rot containers.
I have to clean the container about every 5 or 6 days, but it's a lot better than growing all the extra phyto I needed for them previously.
Also, to add the live phyto I always had to siphon off existing water prior to the addition.

ElGuappo
11-25-2009, 07:22 PM
red coral has live rotos.