PDA

View Full Version : Picaso Triggerfish

Ryan Joel Smith
11-24-2009, 10:11 PM
So before purchasing my new little friend i searched the internet for info on him and found that though he may cause some problems for some snails he was generally reef safe............my worry is that i just read an article that said they are known to occasionally nip at the ends of sps :neutral: Anyone have any experience with this behaviour?

Thanks,
Ryan Smith

fragNplug
11-25-2009, 12:12 AM
I have no experience with them other then knowledge that you should use caution when adding them to a reef tank.
They can and will eat snails as well as shrimps.

If your worried about it nipping at your corals keep a close eye on him, or return him to the LFS.

Even if he isn't nipping at them today, tomorrow he may.
Use caution with all triggers.

tonyntuyet
11-25-2009, 01:42 AM
So before purchasing my new little friend i searched the internet for info on him and found that though he may cause some problems for some snails he was generally reef safe............my worry is that i just read an article that said they are known to occasionally nip at the ends of sps :neutral: Anyone have any experience with this behaviour?

Thanks,
Ryan Smith

to be honest i had them before, not reef safe for sure and they niped at all my turbo snails and ate my electric scallop also

The Grizz
11-25-2009, 01:46 AM
I have one in my tank now and all he seem's to want to do is swim in circle's around anything and every thing & move sand. He does not bother any of my coral, snail's or hermit crab's. But that is just my input.