PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what I need first.....

EmilyB
09-07-2003, 12:47 AM
The first thing I need is a five foot sump that is drilled. That I can partition for my Euroreef, and leave room for a couple fish and rock. Any ideas ?

That sump will be for my 120g. Quite likely I'll eventually sell the 4' MH fixture, so you guys can keep that in mind.

I knew this move would involve all three tanks.... :rolleyes:

ABreefkpr
09-07-2003, 01:11 AM
A 4' MH fixture :exclaim: Time to start saving my allowance. :biggrin:

Canadian Man
09-07-2003, 01:14 AM
Well you could get one of the UFA tub's like I am using and make eggcrate partition's. Poke holes where ever you want in it too. :eek:

Quinn
09-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Put a big tupperware container within a big UFA thingie?

EmilyB
09-07-2003, 01:53 AM
I kinda want to see the "sump" fish....and have them see me....you, know, the old mom thing.. :mrgreen: so I think I have to do glass.

Would I have the skimmer before the "tank part" and the return out "after the tank part ? :confused:

Canadian Man
09-07-2003, 05:07 AM
I would put the skimmer in the first compartment and then have the flow from the tank and skimmer go through the fish and rock and then the intake for the pump return.

Toooloud
09-07-2003, 06:36 AM
i would go..

Compartment one ( Very small) water drains into, Compartment 2 ( fish and soo on ) compartment 3 ( fits your skimmer) then a couple of baffels then your compartment 4 with the return..

just having the fish before the skimmer, you are going to geta lot of Microbubbles form the skimmer right? Not hte best for fish? unles you run the skimmer compartment and run a series of baffels to keep the micro bubbles out of the little fish compartment?

mike

StirCrazy
09-07-2003, 07:30 AM
hmmm sounds like a good excuse to build a plywood 'N' glass tank/sump :mrgreen:

Steve

rossb
09-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Emily instead of a 5' tank could you use say use 3 smaller tanks (a 2' and 2-18") and then borrow Tony's hole driller and join them all together? There are always lots of smaller tanks available??

EmilyB
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Well, I had to scrap the whole big sump thing for now. It would have been above the bottom of the main tank, (so there goes gravity flow). Need to take some time now, got a temporary tank set up for the fish I'm keeping out of the 155g, so everything else can stay as is for now.