PDA

View Full Version : I am officially a Mac person now! GOODBYE PC

Oceanic
11-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Just bought an Apple Macbook Pro, I will never go back to a PC again. I have far too many gray hairs from all these years f@#%ing around with all the PC computers I have had. :D

http://www.univ-orleans.fr/mapmo/membres/chauveau/MacPC.jpg

lastlight
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Bow chika bow bow! Welcome.

Dez
11-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Another convert! Yes!

robert
11-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the family :mrgreen:

globaldesigns
11-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Maybe I am just lucky... I have run all PC versions, have Vista on my laptop now. I have never had problems. Now in saying this I am an IT guy, so I tend to turn things off when not required, but I can say I like my PC's.

However Mac's have their place, and they are a nice piece of machinery

lastlight
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
However Mac's have their place

At the top...awww yeah!

In all seriousness though...if you're computer savvy and you know your stuff you can get either working near flawlessly for you. I have no complaints over the mostly PC rigs I've run over the years. I even liked W2000!

Bloodasp
11-22-2009, 10:54 PM
My girlfriend actually introduced me to Mac, and I fell in love with it on the very first day I got it. I only use PC because work forces me to. But for my personal use I have a Mac, and I'll never go back to using PC for my personal use.

Ron99
11-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Welcome to the light side of the force :)

scherzo
11-23-2009, 01:07 AM
I have been doing "IT" for years.. put me through University doing on-site stuff.

I now teach computer studies.. and when I went to Mac.. I have to say that things seem to be pretty solidly thought out.

Welcome to the club.

Funky_Fish14
11-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Congrats on the mac purchase!

I'll be getting a macbook pro for school right away... to try a mac out.(I've used macs often in the last couple years however). I've always been a PC owner, and my current machine(desktop) is a champ... I've never had problems. I love PC (But hate vista lol). Macs have some advantages, and I see their idea, but for daily functionality and schoolwork... PC is so simple and straightforward. All computers are great, you just have to use them properly, and for what they were designed to do.

globaldesigns
11-23-2009, 01:53 AM
I myself have no interest in trying any Mac, but my friend loves his... He hates noise, and the MAC is near silent.

I can say they have some neat designs, all in the monitor, kinda cool... but not cool enough to make me switch.

Mac has 15% market share, which is good, and it will probably keep growing, making Microsoft change things themselves. Competition is always good.

I am just waiting for the virus/hackers to start going after the MAC, with their market share growing, it will be just a matter of time. Then even Mac users can't claim to be virus free. Please no flaming on this comment, it will eventually happen.

StirCrazy
11-23-2009, 02:31 AM
I don't know my Vista desktop has run for two year with less than say 10 reboots and not a problem. windows 98, ME, and 2K really made the PC seam worse than it is, and added a level of difuculty to get things to work properly, Vista went a long long way to fixing that and windows 7 is way way better than vista.. MAC did a good job on creating a "computer for dummies" when 98, ME, ect were the PC operating systems and brought them selves out of the dark a little more, but there is still a long way to go for software support to catch up befor they will be main stream.

My aunt has a Mac and personaly I don`t like it but that could be cuz I am used to what I use.

Steve

Veng68
11-23-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm going to get the 27 inch iMac desk top and dual boot it with Windows 7......... best of both worlds :)

Cheers,
Vic

lastlight
11-23-2009, 03:19 AM
I don't really follow the whole war between mac and pc anymore. I was on the other side until only a few years ago. If mac really does have 15% now they have really made some tremendous leaps (nearly doubled) since I last heard the numbers.

I love not running a virus scanner (re: memory hog) but if mac had been the mainstream system I honestly believe the windows users would be the safer ones not vice versa.

I had forgotten all about the noise issue tho. I'm just used to barely hearing my computer but yeah that actually is a big plus to running a mac vs your average pc.

globaldesigns
11-23-2009, 03:26 AM
I don't really follow the whole war between mac and pc anymore. I was on the other side until only a few years ago. If mac really does have 15% now they have really made some tremendous leaps (nearly doubled) since I last heard the numbers.

I love not running a virus scanner (re: memory hog) but if mac had been the mainstream system I honestly believe the windows users would be the safer ones not vice versa.

I had forgotten all about the noise issue tho. I'm just used to barely hearing my computer but yeah that actually is a big plus to running a mac vs your average pc.

I do love the Mac commercials, I just howl!

Now that is GREAT marketing.

fkshiu
11-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Once you go Mac you will never go back!

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Once you go Mac you will never go back!

I did :redface:

Absolutely hated my Mac.

lastlight
11-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Absolutely hated my Mac.

Guys random question. How do you remove someone from your friends list?

simplycoral
11-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Wicked Customer Service!

Gave me a brand new, top of the range! replacement when i had a problem with my screen :biggrin::biggrin:

S

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-23-2009, 03:45 AM
Guys random question. How do you remove someone from your friends list?

User CP ---> Contacts & Friends ---> uncheck "Greenspottedpuffer" ---> Save changes

That should do the trick...

lastlight
11-23-2009, 03:48 AM
I thought I was more subtle than that. Oops =)

xtreme
11-23-2009, 04:01 AM
Been using apple computers since I was 3 years old (not even joking) and I would never buy a PC. Gratz on the new Mac.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-23-2009, 04:04 AM
I thought I was more subtle than that. Oops =)

It was about as subtle as your new avatar.

lastlight
11-23-2009, 04:10 AM
The one you totally LOVE but don't have the chaetoBalls to admit. I hear ya.

mr.wilson
11-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Welcome to your mac years. I pretty much stopped swearing when I switched over ten years ago... well except for aquarium leaks.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-23-2009, 04:47 AM
The one you totally LOVE but don't have the chaetoBalls to admit. I hear ya.

Well...to be completely honest, I first thought it might be chaeto hair hanging out of the underwear. But it's clearly some big chaeto balls.

pterfloth
11-23-2009, 05:01 AM
I run Apple Leopard as my main OS on my PC and run Win 7 in a window using Fusion. IMO the best of all worlds. Cheap hardware and rock solid OS. I don't reboot for months at a time and then usually only to install an update.

Aquattro
11-23-2009, 05:37 AM
Hmm, I've always used Windows on a PC, and never had a problem. Ever. and why is it when someone switches, it's like some great feat that requires bragging? This thread has been posted countless times, oh, look, I switched :)
I'm using a Lenovo w700 with Win 7, it's completely silent, rock solid, and I haven't had any kind of issue with it for 6 months. Ok, it doesn't come in pink, but I think I can live with that -lol
I do have to admire their advertisng campaign though, it is fantastic..

lastlight
11-23-2009, 05:41 AM
I'll bet that bike you ride is hella sexy. Maybe you could have spent less for the same performance. This is sort of like that. Only these bikes are Apples.

It really isn't a big deal. I mostly work with Adobe Flash and the funny thing is the windows version I find to be more stable and better but still I go Apple. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is their laptop durability. These shells may look slick with the aluminum but they are also far stronger and don't creak like so many cheaper, plastic pc laptops I've test-ridden.

Aquattro
11-23-2009, 05:48 AM
I'll bet that bike you ride is hella sexy. Maybe you could have spent less for the same performance.

Nope, spent just what I needed to get the performance I wanted. The really good one is 6k :)

I have no idea what Mac is even about, I've never used one. I tried to use iTunes, an Apple product. That didn't go over well -lol
I just wonder what types of problems people have with PCs, and what they might have done to get that problem. I support 35,000 of them, and I don't see them as a problematic product. Sure, they need security updates monthly, but in time, everything will need this. And especially now with Windows 7, we won't have any of the problems we used to. Trust me :)

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-23-2009, 05:49 AM
I mostly work with Adobe Flash

Me too :wink: All day long right now...

I also work in Maya a lot though. Both are MUCh better on a PC.

To me Photoshop is the same on both but I do like to use Illustrator on a Mac.

lastlight
11-23-2009, 05:52 AM
I agree. 3d still rules the PC. Whenever I need to use 3DS Max it's a royal pain because I need to go setup bootcamp since I always seem to have reformatted since the last time I did 3d work.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-23-2009, 06:26 AM
I agree. 3d still rules the PC. Whenever I need to use 3DS Max it's a royal pain because I need to go setup bootcamp since I always seem to have reformatted since the last time I did 3d work.

Yes it does...but I do understand that for the fake design type stuff you do, Mac's are better. I used to do that fake design stuff too until I became a real designer :lol:

I will be working soon for a large 3d animation studio where you won't find anything but PC's :wink: