PDA

View Full Version : SPS recommendation

kenter16
11-21-2009, 05:08 PM
I was hoping somebody could recommend another SPS for my tank.
I currently only have one, its a Birdsnest. I got it about a month ago and it is doing great and really starting to show some growth.
I don't have metal halide lights, unfortunatly. I am running two fixtures at the moment. One is a PC 2x96W with lunar lights, the other is a 2x45W T5. My Birdsnest sits pretty much at the top of my tank.
So if anyone has or knows about some fast growing, moderate lighting SPS's please let me know. Thanks.

Jason McK
11-21-2009, 05:11 PM
You could try any of the Montipora family. Like Digitata or Capricornis. They are fast growers and less light needy

J

xtreme
11-21-2009, 05:21 PM
You could try any of the Montipora family. Like Digitata or Capricornis. They are fast growers and less light needy

J

I have some green digitata and red capricornis if you are interested in stopping by again. Good to hear the birdsnest is doing well.

kenter16
11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Its awesome thanks! The mushrooms look great too.

Snappy
11-21-2009, 08:59 PM
As far as making a SPS recommendation there are many choices for lower light species. A lot will depend on what sort of colours you are looking for. I'd suggest some nice pocillopora damicornis - pinkish base with green polyps for just one example. Give me a shout, I can fix you up with everything you'll need and then some.:biggrin: