PDA

View Full Version : Tank drilling...

Son Of Skyline
04-15-2002, 02:15 PM
Does anybody know where I can get my tank drilled for plumbing in the Greater Vancouver area? Does anybody know how much it is approximately to drill a hole or 2? Thanks smile.gif

DJ88
04-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Troy is right. It's around $15 to $25 per hole. Two things to concider tho. At the BBY store they only have bits for a 3/4" fitting and a 1 1/2" fittings. That is the PVC fittings not the hole size. As well there is no guarantee on drilling. If it breaks.. C'est la Vie.

I was happy dealing with them tho(I had my sump drilled there). Chris does the drilling in BBY and is a great guy to deal with. smile.gif

Son Of Skyline
04-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys. I'm wondering if they would be able to help me with my setup including plumbing and stuff. I have absolutely no experience with sumps, PVC, plumbing...etc. so this is all nwe to me and I don't want to have leaky pipes or find out that I got the wrong size holes drilled!

DJ88
04-15-2002, 08:59 PM
mason,

You just happened to get responses from two guys who are in the process of building new tanks.

Ask away. I am sure between Troy myself and most of the other geeks here we can help you out.

Son Of Skyline
04-15-2002, 10:42 PM
Thanks alot Darren. Over the next couple of months I'll be putting together my 48gal from scratch, so I'll definitely be firing those questions your way! Right now all I have is the tank and sand which I got from Kris.

Troy F
04-16-2002, 04:54 AM
$25 a hole at Big Al's. I think Grant does it himself. They drilled a 15gal which is difficult do to the thin glass.