PDA

View Full Version : TDS meters

sharuq1
11-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Where can I find one for the best price? What ones should I avoid? Links would be great! So far I see some on ebay and have been unable to find any nearby--but I need one like this week and mine crapped out.

globaldesigns
11-20-2009, 02:57 AM
I got a dual inline TDS meter from Dennis @ Gold's here in Calgary. It works well and was only $40

If you are coming down to Cowtown, I would call him first. He may be sold out.

loveless
11-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Walmart. I think in the RV section. 17$

shrimpchips
11-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Get yourself a dual inline - much easier than having to disconnect tubes and test here and there. Turn it on, see the TDS out of membrane, flip the switch, see TDS out of DI. Easy peasy.

sharuq1
11-20-2009, 06:03 PM
I heard the inline's were not as accurate as the non-inlines. Anyone care to comment?

Also--has anyone in red deer seen any in the local wal-marts (or anywhere local at all)? I looked and looked but found nothing in either one, nothing at alberta water, nothing at the pool/spa place, nothing at wolsleys. :neutral:

Bloodasp
11-20-2009, 10:05 PM
readings taken by in-line are taken while the water is going in or coming out of the ro unit. non in-line reading is taken when the water has already been exposed to contaminants (air, the container, your hands etc)

The Grizz
11-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey Kelly i will call my guy at Pro Water and see if he has one that he would lend me. Let you know what I find.