PDA

View Full Version : AquaUV dealers in Canada?

Delphinus
11-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Anyone know of any Canadian dealers for AquaUV? I just ordered a replacement lamp from the U.S. and managed to crack the quartz sleeve while installing it. I had to pay $70 brokerage on the lamp which is what the lamp cost, so I'm gun shy to place another order from the U.S. :( I'm tired of making forced donations to UPS.

I can see a huge decline in water clarity and an increase in film algae so I am getting a little antsy finding a Canadian source for parts for these otherwise top-notch units.

fkshiu
11-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Try pondsonlinecanada.com

I love working within 10 minutes of the border. I saved a bunch ordering to the PO box in Blaine and bringing stuff back on my own :D

Delphinus
11-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Yeah, that's probably about a 6 hour drive round trip, minimum, for the equivalent for me, and that's to the middle of nowhere. Definitely nice for you guys to be able to do that.

Anyhow I checked out pondsonlinecanada.com, took a while to navigate their site but found the part so I ordered it. $110 mistake on my part :cry:

Thanks for the tip though. $110 (shipped) is still better than $80 plus shipping plus brokerage rape fees.

Veng68
11-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Try Premium Aquatics......... I know they are willing to send USPS so the brokerage fee is only $5.

Cheers,
Vic

Delphinus
11-17-2009, 07:06 AM
I did but they don't list the part. I suppose I could have tried emailing/calling but .. just wanted to get this over with. Yeah PA is usually a good place to buy if you have to go cross-border.

Veng68
11-17-2009, 07:11 AM
I did but they don't list the part. I suppose I could have tried emailing/calling but .. just wanted to get this over with. Yeah PA is usually a good place to buy if you have to go cross-border.

They do ship to Canada USPS........ but then your probably getting a fragile part for your UV..... so maybe not a good choice (although I know of people who order bulbs from them).

Cheers,
Vic

Aaron2
11-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Ah too bad I didn't see this last night. I've been going back and forth Between Edmonton and Calgary constantly, I could have brought you one.

We could still do that if you want to change your order.

Aaron