PDA

View Full Version : [x] Sold: Candy Cane, Yellow Polyps and Frogspawn

elitesurfer
11-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi,
I'm battling with hair algaes on my tank atm, so I need to clear out my corals since I don't have any place for them. While I'm constantly chaning the water params, the corals are stressed out. I don't want them to die.
Candy cane has 4 heads, Frogspawn has 3 big heads and dozens small ones coming out. Yellow polyps has more than dozen heads. If anyone is willing to take these off of me for 30$, let me know. I will post pictures after I get home.

manaf
11-16-2009, 11:00 PM
im intrested in the frogspawn how much for that? thx

elitesurfer
11-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Few ppl sent me PMs showing interest. As promised, here are the pics.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/zeost/IMG_6609.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/zeost/IMG_6621.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/zeost/IMG_6618.jpg

As you can see, there were developing pretty well until the algae took over my nano. I'm pretty sure they'll do very well on the right environment. I'd hate to see them dying on my tank.

edikpok
11-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Why don't you try:

Cutting on the food for a week or so
Don't turn on light for 1-2 days
Get Hermits
Put in those little white balls to absorb silica and phosphates?
Do a couple of water changes

This should help you with the algae a bit...

elitesurfer
11-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Why don't you try:

Cutting on the food for a week or so
Don't turn on light for 1-2 days
Get Hermits
Put in those little white balls to absorb silica and phosphates?
Do a couple of water changes

This should help you with the algae a bit...

Thx for the advice. I've tried couple of those but I'm resorting to a 90% water change and brushing off the live rocks. I'll let them settle for a month or so and slowly start restocking once all the params are good and algaes start disappearing.
I'm thinking an emerald crab as well.

I've got few messages, so I'm selling them to whoever contacted me first. I guess that'd be the fairest thing to do.

no_bs
11-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Try a sea hare, they helped us one time, and i think they are so "cute" in their own way. The only bad thing is, when the algea gone, so must be them.

gobytron
11-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I had some pretty epic hair algae for a while, turned out all I had to do was adjust my flow so that sand (and nitrates/phosphates) couldn't settle on my rock as easily...

Now I know why we're supposed to turkey baste out 'scapes every so often.

fraggalrock
11-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi,
I'm battling with hair algaes on my tank atm
I had the same problem as you and I solved it buy buying a Tuxedo Urchin!
great little guy went right to work in the Biocube and they are all gone now! only eats hair Algae doesnt harm corals.

edikpok
11-17-2009, 06:53 PM
that is true, but urchins tend to knock corals over and you have to place them back.... and urchins don't solve the problem permanently although they do help!

elitesurfer
11-17-2009, 07:02 PM
that is true, but urchins tend to knock corals over and you have to place them back.... and urchins don't solve the problem permanently although they do help!

I would like to give it a try if I could borrow one for a while cuz I don't want it grazing on coralline algae when it becomes hungry. :)

edikpok
11-17-2009, 08:09 PM
you can buy a seahare from JL if they have one for $20 and then return it for $10 I think....

1bigstud
11-21-2009, 10:32 PM
what have you got left?

elitesurfer
11-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Everything has been taken. :(