PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT Yellow Grouper

bvlester
11-13-2009, 05:39 PM
HI everyone I bought some Live rock and fish sight unseen from a local guy in Brock for my kids tank I just setup I used sand and water out of my DT. Anyways He through in This yellew grouper 2-3", they get to big for my kids tank 20g and they tend to be a bit preditory. So I thinking if I can get a small gobi or some thing like that in trade or $15.00. The guy paid $23.99 for the grouper not long ago. local pickup I can bring it with us when we go to kelowna but if someone buys it they have to be ready to asept it when we get there.

edit:
I'd even take a pepermint shrimp as the rock I got from this guy has quite a bit of atapsia and some kind if halmedia algea. Good thing the rock was dirt cheep. About 2.50/pound or free if you looked at it this way if I bought everything retail then the fish and rock were free. Because I paid 225 for a Hp meter with temp, a refractometere, a aqua romara skimmer, a new bucket of IO salt, 30- 35 pounds of rock, 4 Dansels (blue with yellow tail) this yellow grouper and a couple of miss items.

edit. I believe this guy ia a yellow pseudochromis/ not a yellow grouper I don't know.
added a photo.

Bill

The Codfather
11-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Almost looks like a yellow pseudochromis to me.

bvlester
11-13-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't know they look the same the bag they came in is the same bag he brought the fish home in and it was labled grouper 23.99. I will try and get a current pic as the one I have up is from the guy that I bought the other fish from. It hides almost all the time and comes out to eat but will hide again when we are close to the tank, so it will be hard to get a pic. But also remember this grouper is already 2-3 inches long.

Bill

christyf5
11-13-2009, 08:41 PM
That would be the dusky dottyback, Pseudochromis fuscus. Mean little buggers to small fish and inverts. I think they max out at about 5". Our LFS has one, pretty neat fish but more on the aggressive side.

Good luck with your sale :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-13-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/images/epseudosfjhggh.jpg

Yup, I would guess its a yellow pseudochromis too.

bvlester
11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/images/epseudosfjhggh.jpg

Yup, I would guess its a yellow pseudochromis too.

OK I am editing original post to includ suspected fish type. But dose anyone want him?

Ok did some resurch I think youo guys are right, I added a new pic he was darting up to get some flake food on the surface.

Bill

bvlester
11-13-2009, 11:13 PM
bump.