PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a skimmer

rodsboys
11-13-2009, 01:14 AM
I need a skimmer for my 135 FOWLR. Has to be a hang on back model and has to work well.I am not too familar with them as I have always kept smaller tanks and didn't bother with the skimmer.I want to keep some fish that I have read need the skimming.Any advice on a particular model or brand would be appreciated.

bvlester
11-13-2009, 01:51 AM
heres a few that I have come acrosed in threads on her that sound very Tunze ,deltec, ATB ,CPR,octopus link to a review http://www.livingreefs.com/octopus-hob-skimmer-thought-id-share-t11300.html, aqua Medic and AquaC Remora make HOB skimmers I believe there are more out there just wanted to give you a start on your resurch and i would resurch them all I personaly have a Aqua Medic T1000 multi. run great and produces alot of very dark green brown skim mate that is so smelly I can smell it upstairs by night time. I found it works best as a HOB skimmer I dose not pull as much as a in sump skimmer I do not kbow why but that is my observation.

Bill

BlueTang<3
11-13-2009, 12:49 PM
from what have seen deltec is the best hob skimmer around snoop around reef central find a few more reviews

Myka
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I will agree that Deltec has the best HOB skimmers. Try to find a used one if the price is intimidating.

You can get better quality in-sump skimmers for cheaper. One of the many reasons why sumps rock. Maybe if your tank isn't full of stock yet you could consider draining it partway to drill it.