PDA

View Full Version : Aptasia - 100% kill rate

HL649
11-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Just wondering, has anyone ever succeeded in completely irradicating Aptasia from their tank with Joe's Juice or Aptasia-X? Is this possible or is it a maintenance thing for my tank forever?

Thanks

TJSlayer
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Thats really tough to do because half the time you can't see it all, but I'm having great success with 2 peprmint shrimps and a saddleback butterfly fish....

Pepes take care of the small ones and saddleback has finally decided that he like aipstasia more than my blue clove polyps.. :)

He did take after those for the first few days though. But now he eats flake like a pig and has been going after the aipstasia....

That being said there is still the very real chance that stuff will be lurking where they can't get at it...

plumbing...
overflows....
return areas of sump, etc

So unless one take matters into their hands to eradicate all they can see, it can still come back....

TJ

Jackie
11-13-2009, 12:38 AM
My peppermint shrimp takes care of it in no time.:lol:

intarsiabox
11-13-2009, 01:03 AM
It won't get rid of it all but if you use it to kill everything visible for about a week and then use peppermint shrimp you have a good chance of never seeing it again! I'm Jeff and I have been aptasia free for 2 years.:smile:

naesco
11-13-2009, 01:23 AM
my peppermint shrimp takes care of it in no time.:lol:

+1