PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Shrimp

Devonious
11-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I just bought 2 sexy shrimp and was woundering if they can live with 4 peppermints and 1 cleaner shrimp.

Thanks
Devonious

kien
11-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I just bought 2 sexy shrimp and was woundering if they can live with 4 peppermints and 1 cleaner shrimp.

Thanks
Devonious

I myself have two sexy shrimp, 4 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 fire shrimp and a porcelain crab and they all get along just fine.

ps.. Do you already have the 5 shrimps? If you are worried it seems odd asking after the fact, hehe!

Devonious
11-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Haha yeah I already have them and there happy, I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't attack the sexy shrimp.

Coleus
11-13-2009, 04:47 AM
I want a pair too :-) Where do you get them in Calgary?

KennyKen
11-13-2009, 05:47 AM
I want a pair too :-) Where do you get them in Calgary?

Elite had a few the other day.

kien
11-13-2009, 06:17 AM
That's where I got mine :-) He still has a couple left, I was there today to pick up a couple of pom pom crabs :-D

I also saw some at Ocean City last week.

Coleus
11-13-2009, 06:26 AM
thanks

Keri
11-13-2009, 07:11 AM
I have 2 with a peppermint shrimp and a gold coral banded shrimp (there is something wrong with the CBB - he's supposed to be a jerk, but he's really quite shy, I don't recommend putting them with a CBB normally)
We've had our 2 sexies over 2 years now, I really love them... THEY are the deciding factor in most fish purchases, I wouldn't want to risk them (Keep that in mind tho - being very small even fish who don't usually eat shrimp may make a meal out of them)

Devonious
11-13-2009, 02:59 PM
There so funny, they dance on my brain corals in the day and jump around the tank at night.

Unfortantly i did not check to see how many there were left over. I might have took the last ones....

kien
11-13-2009, 04:09 PM
ya, they are SO entertaining I want to get more as the two I have get lost in my 150g tank :lol:. They seem to favour my frogspawn, but they will frequent other rock structures from time to time, and then I have to go hunt for them to see what they're up to. They jump like crickets, its cool to watch.

ElGuappo
11-13-2009, 05:30 PM
clowns will eat them as they are nem shrimp. they will compete for hosts thus the clowns will eat them. just what i have read.

Coleus
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
well i bought a pair from Oceancity and the guy said they will be ok. So i put them under hammer coral. 5 minutes later, still there. 10 mins later they are gone and my six line wrasse keep swimming around hammer coral.

Not sure where they are now :-(

Keri
11-15-2009, 05:26 PM
well i bought a pair from Oceancity and the guy said they will be ok. So i put them under hammer coral. 5 minutes later, still there. 10 mins later they are gone and my six line wrasse keep swimming around hammer coral.

Not sure where they are now :-(

Sounds like your 6-line knows...

Mine were in with both mature clowns and a yellow wrasse (they did grow up with them tho so I think that helps)

kien
11-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Your shrimp are hiding under your hammer coral. That's where mine hide. You will only see them
once in a while now :-)

I have a hard time believing the six line got them. I know it is possible but six lines have pretty small mouths, unlike most other wrasses. My six line can hardly put down a mysis shrimp.