09-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Maybe they're, um, "sleeping."

Buccaneer
09-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Maybe they're, um, "sleeping."

:mrgreen:

Quinn
09-04-2003, 12:24 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what's going on here?

Bob I
09-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what's going on here?
NO

Canadian Man
09-04-2003, 12:42 AM
Well the time that Deb and I posted, most people are in bed. Yes we are up and on here late :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
09-04-2003, 01:26 AM
In-coma ... sleeping ... :lol: ... good name :biggrin:

incoma
09-04-2003, 01:28 AM
I am a he. I live in Airdrie Which if you don't know is 15 minutes from downtown Calgary. I have been keeping fresh water fish for about 10 years. I am now 27. I have decided to get into marine fish. I am planning a 90g to get my feet wet. Hence I ll be lurking for awhile. Watching the Forsale column like hawk.
My plan was to have the 90 48x18x24 with a sump being as big as I can get that will fit under the stand. In sump I want have 4 compartments small on each end with a larger middle. The first compartment for the drain from above. Fill this one full of live rock. Under flow divider. Second for Protein Skimmer and overflow divider. The 3rd for a refugium. Another overflow divider finishing with a area for the return pump to draw from. I guess thats enough for a introduction.
Any idea of good deals on stand and tank and stand in Calgary. I m considering http://www.liquidaquariums.com/ he's been helpful with any questions I have had for him. His prices seem inline with other places I believe he sells AllGlass Aquarium and stands.

Quinn
09-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Sheesh. Now I get it.

EmilyB
09-04-2003, 03:35 AM
Hey....it worked !

Start touring the tanks incoma. :mrgreen:

AJ_77
09-04-2003, 03:40 AM
I am a he.
Welcome, "a he." :lol:

Seriously though: Good luck with your 90, although I recommend a 75 - less depth for light to penetrate, and a nicer proportion for a rectangular tank, IMO. I had a 90 with a 33 sump (also to get my feet wet), and it was a big PITA. Ended up costing a fortune, and never quite living up to its potential. Plus, 24" is too tall for a 4' footprint.

I bought into the whole "dive in with both feet and wallet open" school of reefing... woops... Now I enjoy it a lot more, and more simply.

eposer has a 75 for sale in calgary - you might want to talk to him. if you're trying to get your feet wet, keep your head above water for the first while. this gets really complicated really fast if you let it.

just my 2 cents' worth.

Delphinus
09-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Welcome to Canreef! :biggrin:

incoma
10-22-2003, 04:21 PM
The wife found out what I wanted and it got downsized alot. On the weekend I got a 45 g tank a stand a coralife linear strip light( not sure if I m keeping might try to return or sell to buy a quad one) also got two bags of instant oceon salt (is $26 a 50g bag good price) A hydro thing 30 pounds sand 30 pounds crushed corral. And a 100 watt heater ebo-jager heater. I working on the purchase of a skimmer for this weekend. I still want two 10g tanks I think they will fit in the stand. One for a sump the other a future rufuge. Yes my spelling sucks. I need test kids soon to I guess. Also have to get two pumps a return from sump and for skimmer
I had the tank drilled 3 inches from top and 5 inches from side for two one inch bulkheads. How do you figure how much water will drain from them So I can size the return pump? If anyones interested culligan has a special on there new water cooler rig 6 months or three months free I can't remember comes with a ro water filter be great if your filling a big tank ) its a satisfaction guarantee so close to your free time is up just tell them you don't like the water and they'll pick up the rig it also has cooler with 5g tank quite nice but $40 a month hmm you would need alot of water.
Back to the tank I wanted to start filling it already but I still have shopping to do I ended up buying everything from Franco's and Gold' they seemed to be the only ones that wanted to deal Pisces told my theres no markup on the light yet it was $50 cheaper at Gold's oh well. This is getting way to long winded. I'm going to try to get to the meeting on the 25th. I also got to look for live rock sales. Maybe after JL moves they ll have a huge cheap grand opening sale.

spikehs
10-22-2003, 05:59 PM
welcome. BEFORE you buy more lights, I would decide what you want to keep down the road. If you wan't to keep animals that need lots of light you might want to go the VHO and/or Metal Halide road. This should save you a bit of $$ down the road!

sumpfinfishe
11-16-2003, 07:40 PM
I hear Em B has a 230gl forsale complete with sump and stand, the only condition is you have to be able to carry it out on your back :mrgreen: :razz:

Welcome to the board Incoma :exclaim: