PDA

View Full Version : dream fish

burgerchow
11-12-2009, 02:43 AM
What's your dream fish? I just got mine . Picked up a 3.5 inch Sohal Tang from J&Ls on Sunday. Beautiful fish. I've always wanted one, but was worried that my tank ( 4 ft 120 ) wouldn't be big enough, but this guy was small enough that I think he could still be comfortable for a couple of years, before I have to upgrade to a 300 gallon. So far, he's not at all aggressive, as I introduced him to a 6" foxface, 3" naso tang, 4' christmas wrasse, 2.5" flame angel, pair of percs. In fact the foxface was chasing Him around.

He's a great fish, always scraping algae off the live rocks.

Naesco, I don't feed my fish very much, so I know he won't grow much in the next couple years. Don't worry, he'll be o.k. in a 4 foot tank for now.
That's it, no more fish to add to this tank.

Coleus
11-12-2009, 02:50 AM
grats on your sohal tang. I want to get one too but got no more room for him. It is a beautiful fish

Kevotron
11-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Sohal Tang, Achilles Tang
Can either of them be housed in a 40G Tank for when I start it up ?

TheMikey
11-12-2009, 03:24 AM

Definitely not.

fkshiu
11-12-2009, 03:50 AM
What's your dream fish? I just got mine . Picked up a 3.5 inch Sohal Tang from J&Ls on Sunday. Beautiful fish. I've always wanted one, but was worried that my tank ( 4 ft 120 ) wouldn't be big enough, but this guy was small enough that I think he could still be comfortable for a couple of years, before I have to upgrade to a 300 gallon. So far, he's not at all aggressive, as I introduced him to a 6" foxface, 3" naso tang, 4' christmas wrasse, 2.5" flame angel, pair of percs. In fact the foxface was chasing Him around.

He's a great fish, always scraping algae off the live rocks.

Naesco, I don't feed my fish very much, so I know he won't grow much in the next couple years. Don't worry, he'll be o.k. in a 4 foot tank for now.

Please send my condolences and sympathies to your naso tang. ;)

lastlight
11-12-2009, 04:29 AM
Sohal is also my dream fish. My 225 is empty and I still think I've run out of room for one. Shame such an amazing fish.

And I'm not judging here. Any tank is too small for any fish If I really want to think about it. I just don't want to =)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Sohals are my favourite too & one of the few tangs I've never owned, simply because I'm afraid what will happen to my school of other tangs if the Sohal grows up & becomes an A-hole like some others I've known.

Good luck. It's a beautiful fish, that's for sure.

Anthony

burgerchow
11-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Hey, he's only a juvenille. I figure if he gets too big and rambunctious, I'll just set up a 300 gallon for him. Way easier to convince the wife to get a bigger tank if we already have the fish. lol..

By the way Franklin, if the Naso kicks it because of the sohal, I'll invite you to the service.. lol

kien
11-12-2009, 07:27 AM

famous last words :lol:

love that tang too, but i am all tanged out atm. Maybe next upgrade!

JDigital
11-12-2009, 07:54 AM
I love the reply to naesco before he even has a chance to post! :lol:

My favorite would have to be the Powder Brown..

Haloreef
11-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I just got my dream fish, a Black Tang! Now all I need is a Jewel Tang! Any one got any ideas on how to get that one by the wife?

fishoholic
11-12-2009, 01:53 PM
My favorite dream fish for beauty wise is my King angel, I love her colouration but I hate her mean personality.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/galaxy/DSC_1285-1.jpg

lastlight
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
My favorite dream fish for beauty wise is my King angel, I love her colouration but I hate her mean personality.

Being female...if someone called you a king all the time I imagine you'd be nippin' at the fins too haha =)

fishoholic
11-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Being female...if someone called you a king all the time I imagine you'd be nippin' at the fins too haha =)

:rofl: She's also known as a passer angel but she's not passive at all and she does act like king of the tank....

globaldesigns
11-12-2009, 03:56 PM

NO! sorry, this tank is too small

globaldesigns
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Please send my condolences and sympathies to your naso tang. ;)

I have a blonde Naso with my Sohal... The Blonde I got about 1.5 months ago, and I guess I have been lucky as my Sohal doesn't bother him.

Be careful though, Sohals are aggressive... Mine was very aggressive when I first got him. He harrassed my foxface, nipped his fins badly, but as the Sohal grew up, this went away.

I also contribute his aggression to his diet. Dennis at Golds had him on pellets and mysis, etc... But when I brought him home, I could only get him to eat algae sheets. It took many months, but have him on everything now, and since he started eating pellets, his aggression went away. I guess I have had him about 8 months now.

Otherwise my showpiece along with the Blonde Naso! Both very beautiful fish

naesco
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I love the reply to naesco before he even has a chance to post! :lol:

My favorite would have to be the Powder Brown..

I think the important thing is that burgerchow recognizes the optimum requirement for tangs is a 6 foot tank and is taking steps to get a larger tank.
It would have been better to wait until he had a tank large enough to accommodate them.
Most reefers honestly plan to upgrade to larger tanks. The problem is that sometimes things happen that change their best intentions like, a new family addition, a move to smaller housing, unemployment and perhaps even a divorce or separation. The tangs are then left stuck in an unsuitable environment.

My favorite would also have to be a Power Brown (A.japonica) (the one with orange on it)

Haloreef
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I ment to say Gem Tang.