PDA

View Full Version : curious how big of a tank i can get

scub steve
11-12-2009, 01:07 AM
im going too be getting a little extra money from my company so im thinking a big tank just curious how big you guys would go before you worried about it going into the basment.. the tank will have the houses main support going threw the middle if that helps lol well not the whole middle just part of it. Any info or links would be awsome

Myka
11-12-2009, 01:13 AM
That would really depend on the structural soundness of the house. If it is an older house I would question it more. If you're placing the tank perpendicular to the floor joints I wouldn't worry as much as I would if it had to go parallel to the joists.

To try to answer your question, in an ideal situation where it house is relatively new (say 15 years), and the tank is sitting perpendicular to the floor joists I wouldn't worry about the tank's weight until I start to approach 350 gallons or so. Even that I think would be on the safe side.

Skimmerking
11-12-2009, 01:16 AM
its going to depend where in the house are you going to put the tank?
how long usually the longer the easy its going to place it due to weight transfer.
how big are u thinking?

scub steve
11-12-2009, 01:17 AM
it will be sitting perpendicular to the floor joists and the house is about 50 years old but the houses in my area were very over built so i guess i shouldnt worry about getting a 225 :)