PDA

View Full Version : Fish Geeks Gathering

Pug Girl
09-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Hello all! Since I'm the wife of a fellow fish geek, I think that I'm allowed to call it that!

I'm organizing a get together in honor of the fantastic job Jonathan did with his new tank. I think that he should show it off, sooner than later. :biggrin:

So here are the details:

Who: Fellow Fish Geeks and their significant other!
What: Eating and drinking (BYOB)
Where: Jonathan & Katie's house
When: Saturday, September 20, 6pm - whenever
Why: So everyone can admire our new tank!

Please let me know if you can make it and how many, just so I can organize the munchies etc.

See you there! :bday:

Canadian Man
09-02-2003, 09:29 PM
WOW!
Ok sounds good to me. I suppose I have to show up as it is my house :lol:

Quinn
09-02-2003, 11:42 PM
I don't think I really need to say anything. The question is, I'm in Calgary so much, should I be counted on the census?

EmilyB
09-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Is there anything better than this ? :mrgreen: :cool:

Samw
09-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Is there anything better than this ? :mrgreen: :cool:

Yes, there is. It would be better if Jonathan and Katie's party was in Vancouver. :lol:

Canadian Man
09-03-2003, 12:15 AM
I don't think I really need to say anything. The question is, I'm in Calgary so much, should I be counted on the census?

Your presence is a given Quinn.

Sam get yourself a plane ticket! Christy did :razz:
There is alway's a place to stay.

Bob I
09-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Count me in as a tentative. It all depends on the weather. :biggrin:

Canadian Man
09-03-2003, 12:49 AM
I read in the farmer's alminac that the weather was supposed to be beautiful that weekend Bob. Perfect for a visit to the beach! You Vancouver folk are so lucky that you live so close to the beach.
:lilangel:

Quinn
09-03-2003, 12:50 AM
The weather? Are you worried it will be snowing by the 20th? I'm sure we can stay inside the house. :confused:

Bob I
09-03-2003, 01:04 AM
The weather? Are you worried it will be snowing by the 20th? I'm sure we can stay inside the house. :confused:

I guess clarification is in order. If the weather stays good, I will probably continue going to my weekend retreat until the weather turns nasty.
:grab:

Pug Girl
09-03-2003, 04:33 AM
I don't think the weather gets really nasty until after November sometime, so I'm counting on it still being nice that weekend.

Retreat? What kind of retreat? So how come you never invite any of us?

EmilyB
09-03-2003, 04:54 AM
Too much information... :mrgreen:

ABreefkpr
09-03-2003, 12:17 PM
Hello all! Since I'm the wife of a fellow fish geek, I think that I'm allowed to call it that!

Yes you probably do have the right to call us reef geeks, and being the reef geeks we are. We'll just stand in the basement and ooh and aah over the tank and all the equipment if it snows. :lol: :biggrin: :mrgreen:

I will have to get back to you on whether I can make it or not. I have to check my shift schedule and with my wife. She has the same swollen belly affliction so it depends on if she's up for the drive.

Keith

Delphinus
09-03-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm in... :mrgreen:

spikehs
09-03-2003, 03:27 PM
sorry, won't be able to make (I am having a housewarming party, in my new place wooo!). But I will definately have to come and see it sometime!!!

Buccaneer
09-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Love to go but we have a friends 40th birthday bash to attend ... will think of you all as we sip a rum or 2 or 3 :mrgreen: ... I am sure we will see it soon enough though and Jon has been threatening to come over to see the other " monster " tank at my house :biggrin: ... have a great time !

Cheers

AJ_77
09-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks, we'll be there.

kgb
09-03-2003, 09:10 PM
well uh i am a geek and i do like fish so if the invite exstends to my area then i am in

Canadian Man
09-06-2003, 05:09 AM
bumpity bump. Oh did I mention there will be some munchies :lol:

EmilyB
09-06-2003, 05:36 AM
bumpity bump. Oh did I mention there will be some munchies :lol:

I should hope so..... :mrgreen: :razz: :lol:

Canadian Man
09-06-2003, 07:22 AM
Well not quite 10 plates of yummy sandwiches Deb but to give you an idea, puggirl has allready made some special cookies tonight to freeze and is printing off alot of recipies from the net.

TANGOMAN
09-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Count me in !!!
Bob, did you say you would be a tenant ? I think they're just inviting us all over for a visit. Perhaps they'll let ya' move in though...? :eek:

Canadian Man
09-07-2003, 01:11 AM
Perhaps they'll let ya' move in though...? :eek:

Yea I think not! :eek: :rolleyes: :razz: :eek:

Bob apparently has some secret plans if it's not snowing Doug.

Bob I
09-08-2003, 04:50 PM
My plans are not at all secret. I just think they are not worth knowing to the general public. Unless the weather is particularly great, I will attend. :biggrin: :lol: :mrgreen: :razz:

Pug Girl
09-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Everyone need not worry!
I always provide a great spread of munchies! :biggrin:

AJ_77
09-08-2003, 05:55 PM
I always provide a great spread of munchies! :biggrin:
This is true - Katie's munchies rock! (As if we need ANOTHER reason to attend!)

Yum! :biggrin:

andestang
09-09-2003, 12:46 AM
I'd like to try and make the scene, as long as I don't have to work. Are camera's or video recorders allowed? Not for stealing,using or selling your setup ideas or anything like that :rolleyes: :cool: :mrgreen:
Ande

Canadian Man
09-09-2003, 01:29 AM
I'd like to try and make the scene, as long as I don't have to work. Are camera's or video recorders allowed? Not for stealing,using or selling your setup ideas or anything like that :rolleyes: :cool: :mrgreen:
Ande

It would be great to have you.
There is a $10 picture fee :razz: :lol: Kidding of course

Wetback
09-13-2003, 12:29 AM
We would love to join in if there is still room :confused: As usual we are a little late getting to you.Let us know what we could bring to help out...Tks Norberto & Tina

kari
09-13-2003, 12:48 AM
Hey Canman & Pug Girl/lady with something in the oven,

Is it too late to add two (that's right Alan - 2 peoples) to your list of visitors? I'm trying but it seems I'm back to work in the patch already and my schedule = phone call at O-Dark:30, pack your bags and get your ass out of town BS.
Sure would like to scope out the setup :exclaim:

Kari

AJ_77
09-13-2003, 04:10 AM
Is it too late to add two (that's right Alan - 2 peoples) to your list of visitors? I'm trying...
Kari
Hey, we're holding you to that - that's as good as a "maybe." :biggrin:

One week left... in the meantime, see you at Deb's tomorrow for some tank hoistin' and critter grabbin'!
:eek:

Canadian Man
09-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Norberto & Tina
Kari.
Of course there is room.
:biggrin:
Bring anything you wish. Beer is alway's appreciated. Or munchies is good too. :drinking: :bday: :drinking:

Pug Girl
09-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Here's what's on the menu so far:

Crab Artichoke Dip w/tortillas
Salmon Dill Spread w/crackers
Shrimp Rings
Fish Crackers
Fish Shaped Creamcheese Sugar Cookies
(Which will be my 3rd batch, as the baby seems to be eating them all!) :biggrin:

Can you see a trend here? :Fade-col:

So, if anyone feels like bringing anything else besides beverages, please feel free!

Canadian Man
09-15-2003, 05:58 PM
mmmmmm

Well I just counted and we should have quite a gathering!

15 inclunding Kate and Myself :bday: :rainbowa:

kari
09-16-2003, 04:10 AM
Are the menu items harvested on site?

Canadian Man
09-16-2003, 05:44 AM
You bet! We Just pull a few salmon out of the monster and use them :lol: :rolleyes:

EmilyB
09-20-2003, 01:14 AM
Can anyone bring some xenia to the meeting for me? I can't grow it faster than Spike can eat it and I like to get him stoned once in a while... :cool: :mrgreen:

Quinn
09-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Does someone have a salt bucket they can bring to Jon's to donate to my cause?

Canadian Man
09-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Empty I am guessing Quinn?

Quinn
09-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Yes. Unless you want to give me one with salt in it. :razz:

AJ_77
09-21-2003, 05:23 AM
Did Quinn get a bucket? How will he look next time, as an urchin? :eek: Will Tony ever live down his impression of "Nanoo"? :lol: Will the Wetbacks allow their daughters in our home? :razz: :biggrin: Should they??
These questions and more, at the next: Reef Geek Meeting!

Many thanks to Jon and Katie for tonight's fun and mayhem. Again, the dip was awesome - following Deb's fine example (Giant Bowl O' Dip). The seafood-themed snacks were a great idea (nobody noticed the ground-up OSI flake in the chip dip - it looked just like parsley...)

:biggrin:

OH, by the way - AWESOME TANK, CANADIAN MAN!!! (And Pug Girl.)

Pictures to follow!

EmilyB
09-21-2003, 06:12 AM
How many memory cards did you bring anyway Alan??? :razz:

Thanks to Katie and Jonathan for the pre-Christmas party :cool: Barry thought the black raspberries (?) looked just like "coral" punch. :lol:

I was so happy my fish recognized me..... :mrgreen:

We actually had a bucket for Quinn, just in case Jon didn't have spares. Forgot to ask him however. :rolleyes: Anyway, there's lots of buckets here if he needs one.

Canadian Man
09-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Thank's folks.
Quinn did not get his bucket and also left his hat here. I will see him next week so he will get hooked up.

Delphinus
09-22-2003, 01:55 AM
Thank YOU for hosting another fun get-together and letting us drool all over your new tank. :wink:

Quinn
09-22-2003, 03:47 AM
Yes, excellent dip. I am normally not a dip person but both Katie's and Deb's was fantastic. I wish I had been able to stay longer and eat and drink more. I forgot about my bucket, thank you for bringing one though Deb. I am already hyped for the next fish meeting. I just need to figure out how to make myself look like an urchin now.

Canadian Man
09-22-2003, 04:52 AM
grow long hair quinn and dye it black and spike it!
Easy

AJ_77
09-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Did everyone take their men home? Looks like a couple got trapped behind the glass... Katie? Deb??

http://members.shaw.ca/AJ_77/post/jonandbarry.jpg
Oh wait, there's more...
http://members.shaw.ca/AJ_77/post/fulltank1.jpg

Canadian Man
09-22-2003, 05:39 AM
"OHHHHH pretty light's" I think was the basis of our "amazement" look.

Pug Girl
09-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Thank You all for coming! I love to entertain! :biggrin:

Oh and I'm not worried Jonathan frequently gets stuck behind the glass! :lol:

Great looking tank! :cool:

TANGOMAN
09-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry I didn't make it ! Even more sorry I didn't notify you guy's I wouldn't make it. :redface:
I do see Tony wandering around back there in the second photo. If I was there we coulda' posed side-by-side..."hey, Dog-Faced Puffers aren't reef safe are they..." :lol:
That's a beautiful set-up !

Wetback
09-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Did Quinn get a bucket? How will he look next time, as an urchin? Will Tony ever live down his impression of "Nanoo"? Will the Wetbacks allow their daughters in our home? Should they??
These questions and more, at the next: Reef Geek Meeting

You said it best Alan!! This is what makes the get together so much fun :smile:

Thanks to Jonathan and Katie for having us and sharing that AWSOME tank with us. Hope to see you guys soon :mrgreen:

The Wetbacks.